Britain should no longer be a Christian country.

It's something I believe to be true

And we aren't short of space there is lots of it

Why do you believe it? I'm actually asking.

I have things I assume because we don't yet know. And I have things I assume through trust. I don't shy away from questioning them though if tire's reason for doubt. Everything else comes from direct observation.

How do you come to firmly "believe" something without a shred of evidence?

So what evidence would convince you that people living forever on Earth wasn't true?

Here we go again , we are supposed to be discussing Britain brcoming a Godless government ! And so called secular country

Here we go again , we are supposed to be discussing Britain brcoming a Godless government ! And so called secular country

I responded to a truth claim by someone else. I think it's important to believe as many true things as possible, based on reason, rationality and evidence.

A secular Government would be able to make their decisions without interference from representatives who don't base their decision making on reason, rationality and evidence.

Don't you think that's important?

Britain already is mostly secular, and we're much better off for it. It's a process that began centuries before you or I were born. We just need to finish the job and actually encode it in some sort of constitution, US style.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 18:04 ----------

Religion is finished. At least organised religion is. Just look at the damage that has been done to humanity by Catholicism, Islam, Judaism etc. Its all rubbish. If you need to talk to god go for a walk somewhere quiet.

That's clearly not true, organised religion is far from finished. It might even always exist, hence why we will probably always need secularism.

Edited by flamingjimmy

Better get prepared, teeny. Just been watching a video of a march in Luton, with crosses n ting, through Bury Park. Telling them to accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

The locals told them that Britain is now a Muslim country, they've taken over, and England will be under the Sharia. Then more or less ran them out of town, right under the noses of the police. There was some choice language from the fans of the religion of peace being chucked at the marchers.

Coming soon to a town near you?

Better get prepared, teeny. Just been watching a video of a march in Luton, with crosses n ting, through Bury Park. Telling them to accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

The locals told them that Britain is now a Muslim country, they've taken over, and England will be under the Sharia. Then more or less ran them out of town, right under the noses of the police. There was some choice language from the fans of the religion of peace being chucked at the marchers.

Coming soon to a town near you?

This is what worries me.

According to yesterday's paper London now only has 46% white British born population, and that's gone from 80% in about 25 years.

Take away Christianity and we leave a gap for something else, and it won't necessarily be secularism.

This is what worries me.

According to yesterday's paper London now only has 46% white British born population, and that's gone from 80% in about 25 years.

Take away Christianity and we leave a gap for something else, and it won't necessarily be secularism.

45% London, Leicester and Luton, 35% Slough. Birmingham joining them by the end of the decade, apparently. But not all the white people are going to be Christian anyway? Many whites are atheists or something else. I'm pagan, for instance.

From 2013. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/370013/White-Britons-are-now-a-minority-in-4-towns-and-cities

This is what worries me.

Secularism isn't a replacement for Christianity, it is for Christianity and all other religions and worldviews, that's the whole point.

The points you make though are relevant. I don't agree with all the predictions about Muslims taking over this country but imagine for a second that Islam does become the most subscribed to religion in this country?

Wouldn't it be good if we had secularism embedded into our laws in a solid way so that we could stop Sharia law happening?