Britain should no longer be a Christian country.

I do however disagree with their factual perception that Athiests are in the majority, I believe most of the world's population actually have some spiritual affinity with a Deity of some kind. Does that make the majority of the world's population deluded?

If true then yeah of course it does. Is that so hard to believe? That the majority of the world could be wrong about something? Has it not happened a million times before?

Also I certainly don't think atheists are in the majority, and am not sure to what you're referring?

I disagree actually. I don't see myself as on one side of a fence, or fenced in at all. I have respect for the Gods of all religions. I also respect the Athiest point of view which is at the least understandable, even though I don't happen to agree with it.

I do however disagree with their factual perception that Athiests are in the majority, I believe most of the world's population actually have some spiritual affinity with a Deity of some kind. Does that make the majority of the world's population deluded?

The 'fence' I was speaking of is belief. You either have a belief in X or you don't. While you may respect X, that doesn't put you above the fence, you still either have belief in X or you don't have a belief in X.

Each religion has it's own beliefs/fence which separate/distinguish them from all the other religions (who are all within their own fence). As an atheist I don't have a fence (belief in any gods) of my own and stand on the other side of everyone else's (theists) fences .

You keep mentioning that you believe there is some sort of spiritual existence, is there a reason behind your belief?

[/b]

That's more or less what I believe.

Are you saying that that is what Hindus and Pagans believe, or just Pagans?

I don't know enough about Hindu beliefs to speak for them, Anna.

There are Pagans, Neo-Pagans, Druids, Wiccans. Everyone needs to find their own beliefs and code to live by. We all tread our own path to get there, but we're all going to the same place.

I don't know enough about Hindu beliefs to speak for them, Anna.

There are Pagans, Neo-Pagans, Druids, Wiccans. Everyone needs to find their own beliefs and code to live by. We all tread our own path to get there, but we're all going to the same place.

Some major religions don't believe that and it becomes part of their control structure.

You keep mentioning that you believe there is some sort of spiritual existence, is there a reason behind your belief?

I'd hazard a guess that it's because everything that you are ending at the moment of death is pretty scary, so it's more pleasant to believe a delusion about you somehow continuing to live.

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 09:08 ----------

What do we want? Evidence based policy decisions!

When do we want it? After peer review!

I'd vote for that!

I'd hazard a guess that it's because everything that you are ending at the moment of death is pretty scary, so it's more pleasant to believe a delusion about you somehow continuing to live.

... If that is the case, then

it's more like a wish than a belief.

The 'fence' I was speaking of is belief. You either have a belief in X or you don't. While you may respect X, that doesn't put you above the fence, you still either have belief in X or you don't have a belief in X.

Each religion has it's own beliefs/fence which separate/distinguish them from all the other religions (who are all within their own fence). As an atheist I don't have a fence (belief in any gods) of my own and stand on the other side of everyone else's (theists) fences .

A personal experience and Quantum mechanics.