Britain should no longer be a Christian country.

Can you remember when, exactly, you began believing in your god? Can you also remember why you started believing?

I can remember my first real memory of being possibly 3/4 years old , We were in church , I remember seeing a really old couple who spoke about believing , trusting in God , I remember thinking I can see God in their lives , I knew that God had had his hand on me also ( even at the young age) I can remember asking for simple stuff in prayer , like my lovely aunt and uncle in Sheffield to come to us to see us we lived in Fleet in Hampshire at this time so we saw them infrequently ), they turned up a few days later , it was a total surprise to my parents . there were many instances I can remember where I saw my faith grow because of the goodness I saw from God.

I can remember my first real memory of being possibly 3/4 years old , We were in church , I remember seeing a really old couple who spoke about believing , trusting in God , I remember thinking I can see God in their lives , I knew that God had had his hand on me also ( even at the young age) I can remember asking for simple stuff in prayer , like my lovely aunt and uncle in Sheffield to come to us to see us we lived in Fleet in Hampshire at this time so we saw them infrequently ), they turned up a few days later , it was a total surprise to my parents . there were many instances I can remember where I saw my faith grow because of the goodness I saw from God.

Completely irrational, but harmless I suppose.

Next time you talk to him, could you ask your god to please stop giving AIDS to babies?

Who took you to Church?

I went with my family to church , I liked church but if I wanted to go on a play date I was always allowed to choose .

So everyone that you loved, depended on and were reliant on told you that god was real from before you can even remember.

And you grew up believing it. What a surprise.

I can remember my first real memory of being possibly 3/4 years old , We were in church...
Who took you to Church?
I went with my family to church...

Hold on, you've said many times in the past that your family/parents played no role in you becoming a Christian, yet now you're saying you first became a Christian when they took you to Church :suspect:

Hold on, you've said many times in the past that your family/parents played no role in you becoming a Christian, yet now you're saying you first became a Christian when they took you to Church :suspect:

yes my parents were committed Christians , Yes they took me to church but the point I mentioned was one of my first concious memories of yes I personally believe that Jesus can be my friend , I am not saying they didn't play a role in that because they did tell me that I was loved by God.

I also think as a youngster I saw more but these are flickering memories now as I am over 50 years old .

yes my parents were committed Christians , Yes they took me to church but the point I mentioned was one of my first concious memories of yes I personally believe that Jesus can be my friend , I am not saying they didn't play a role in that because they did tell me that I was loved by God.

I also think as a youngster I saw more but these are flickering memories now as I am over 50 years old .

This is entirely contrary to everything you've said before about the origins of your faith. You've always been adamant that your parents played no part at all.