Britain should no longer be a Christian country.

It makes no difference,she will not believe it,brainwashed from an early age, but she had a choice at 4yrs old.no she didn't.

no sorry my parents didn't brain wash me into believing , at 4 years old you do have a choice , just like you have the choice between fish-fingers or sausages for supper !!!

notice Lottiecass if I chose not to go to i.e.. for a play date or as I got older I did swimming competitions and missed church but it didn't change my faith in Jesus or my relationship with him .

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 12:45 ----------

This is entirely contrary to everything you've said before about the origins of your faith. You've always been adamant that your parents played no part at all.

they told me what they believed but I chose myself to become a Christian.

no sorry my parents didn't brain wash me into believing , at 4 years old you do have a choice , just like you have the choice between fish-fingers or sausages for supper !!!

notice Lottiecass if I chose not to go to i.e.. for a play date or as I got older I did swimming competitions and missed church but it didn't change my faith in Jesus or my relationship with him .

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 12:45 ----------

they told me what they believed but I chose myself to become a Christian.

My guess would be if they had been Muslims and told you what they believe, you would now be a Muslim, very likely that what ever religion they had been you would be a member of that same religion, which means you only think you had a choice.

This is entirely contrary to everything you've said before about the origins of your faith. You've always been adamant that your parents played no part at all.
Not exactly a shocking twist though is it :(

Reading between the lines it's always been blatant that teeny was indoctrinated at a young age. But then I suppose his/her parents didn't have much say in how they were introduced to religion either.

My guess would be if they had been Muslims and told you what they believe, you would now be a Muslim, very likely that what ever religion they had been you would be a member of that same religion, which means you only think you had a choice.

Not a certainty though . My sister grew up in another family , who didn't believe , she came to believe in her teens !

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 15:53 ----------

Again, this is contrary to what you've claimed in the past.

Not it's not its you twisting words again ! I chose to be a Christian , I freely did this nobody said to me that without Jesus you are going to hell but that's not what I learnt about what Christians are .

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 15:59 ----------

Not exactly a shocking twist though is it :(

Reading between the lines it's always been blatant that teeny was indoctrinated at a young age. But then I suppose his/her parents didn't have much say in how they were introduced to religion either.

No indoctrination , they only answered my questions they didn't throw bits of doctrine in . They didn't force me to read the bible or pray . They didn't force me to attend church , they brought me into a loving family where Jesus was the centre , of life but not forced upon you . I was always told you don't have to do anything unless you want to within making a commitment of faith etc .

My parents were brought up with a choice , they weren't forced to attend church or even go to church with their parents .

Edited by teeny