Britain should no longer be a Christian country.

A third of schools in Britain have a religious character, yet 70% of 15-24 year olds have no religion at all*.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35456536

*http://www.natcen.ac.uk/news-media/press-releases/2015/may/british-social-attitudes-church-of-england-decline-has-accelerated-in-past-decade/

What relevance do these schools think they have in a modern society?

Oh I dearly wish I had the time to pull your Bible verses apart.

Unfortunately I don't, nor will I have for several weeks, but I will say that half of those things you are claiming as Christian doctrine aren't actually explicitly stated in the Bible and are 'interpreted', some of them rather badly from those Biblical verses.

The statement made was about Pastor Chris not Tina's personal faith .

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 21:54 ----------

A third of schools in Britain have a religious character, yet 70% of 15-24 year olds have no religion at all*.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35456536

*http://www.natcen.ac.uk/news-media/press-releases/2015/may/british-social-attitudes-church-of-england-decline-has-accelerated-in-past-decade/

What relevance do these schools think they have in a modern society?

What has this got to do with the thread?

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 21:56 ----------

Can you remember when, exactly, you began believing in your god? Can you also remember why you started believing?

Was this to try to distort and discredit Teeny ? What has this got to do with the discussion? Why is it important for you to know ?

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 21:58 ----------

It does seem pretty representative of those in Britain with similar faiths though...which is a lot but on the decline.

In some areas Christianity is growing , they just meet in non denominational churches with lay people as pastors rather than trained ministers .

Look at the title of the thread, the subject matter, then take a wild guess.

Do you are attacking faith schools , which teach our children morals ( when taught properly by dedicated / genuine believers , not so called believers .

I suspect you ran out of arguments about the country being secular as you call it . Some of us believe that leaving God out of the triangle will spell disaster for the country .

Do you are attacking faith schools , which teach our children morals ( when taught properly by dedicated / genuine believers , not so called believers .

I suspect you ran out of arguments about the country being secular as you call it . Some of us believe that leaving God out of the triangle will spell disaster for the country .

Okay, morals is it?

How are you defining morality?

I taught mine morals without resorting to religion. Is there a litmus test to test if someone is a genuine believer over that of a so called believer as I want to know how you can tell?

Some of us believe that leaving God out of the triangle will spell disaster for the country .

Notice that you put some as the majority actually don't believe in a God.

What has this got to do with the thread?

If 70% of 25-24 year olds have no religion, simple arithmetic shows that christianity forms less than 30% (...because the 30% includes jews, muslims, sikhs , pagans, etc. ...). Ergo, christians are a small minority group and "Britain should no longer be (classed/ruled as) a Christian country". Q.E.D.

Was this to try to distort and discredit Teeny ? What has this got to do with the discussion? Why is it important for you to know ?
Ask Teeny, she started the derail.

In some areas Christianity is growing , they just meet in non denominational churches with lay people as pastors rather than trained ministers .

Yeah. "Where two or three are gathered together in my name... etc.". :roll: This in no way helps the case for Britain to remain being classed as a christian country.

More people go fishing (or go to football matches for that matter) than christians to christian churches. We're more of an angling nation than an anglican one!