Problem with neighbours dog

Hello not sure if this is the right place for this thread,but any way I have a problem with my next door neighbours dog,it keeps coming onto my garden,chasing my cat and having a dump. The owners don't seem to be bothered about it,every time I see it and go outside to shoo it off she has a go at me,they won't put any fencing up to stop it,there is only bushes and trees there and gaps so it gets through. I have tried blocking the gaps but it always seems to get in,she knows it comes onto our garden but dos nothing to stop it,all she says is "So your scanky cat comes on to our garden" like I can stop that from happening,I mean loads of cats in the area come onto mine and hers so I can't help that.But any why she said "Well get a fence up then,I said er, your dog you should be doing that. So is there any where I can go for help :confused: There our own houses semi detached!

A responsible dog owner would put a fence up to keep the dog safe irrespective of the crapping bit. It's not OPs place to do that and suppose it gets out and bites a child or causes an accident as the owners clearly don't train it.

A responsible dog owner would put a fence up to keep the dog safe irrespective of the crapping bit. It's not OPs place to do that and suppose it gets out and bites a child or causes an accident as the owners clearly don't train it.

I'm with you on that. Walking into Hillsborough today there was more evidence of irresponsible dog owners, a couple of large deposits left on a busy pavement. Can't blame the dogs, but the owners should know better.

As a dog owner it is their responsibility to ensure their dog does not get out on its own and cause issues.

Its not really a big issue, the council may drag their heals. Just sort out the hedge, so the dog cannot get through. What size/type of dog is it?

As a dog owner it is their responsibility to ensure their dog does not get out on its own and cause issues.

I would suggest calling 101 and getting some advice.

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/overview

Monkeys post is good.

OP please be aware neighbour disputes are some of the most insolveable and stressful ones, so if possible you need to aboid getting into a really serious one because they will still be your neighbours and it could last years.

It seems like your relationship is not great as it is so tread carefully. Have a word with the animal control team at https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/animals/contact.html.

Consider talking and trying to resolve things amicably. (Might have tried that) is there a 3rd part who they might listen to? Is the husband more approachable?

Maybe offer to go halves on a fence?

Once you start involving 3rd parties people entrench and things become bitter, becayse they start to apportion balme and get resentful rather than being practical and wanting to sort the issue out.

You might wnat to consider mediation, but as you are both owners then it wont be free.

Tread carefully because things can get worse. Imo id just agree to get a fence and see if they will pay half. Ive helped resolve such issues before an it is possible that once both partues have calmed down things can be resolved.