Tyson Fury .. Good or Bad Role Model ? Future Politician ?

Let's get behind tyson after Joshua's terrible performance last night we can now safely say he's our only boxing heavyweight hope!! Well not hope anymore but heavyweight champ!! The only proper one we've had since Lennox Lewis!!

How well does Joshua have to do to be credible as a heavyweight champion? Did you see the fight?

Well done in my opinion to the BBC for not being bullied by the political correct brigade and not removing Tyson Fury from this years Sports Personality Of The Year .

Long Live The Gypsy King ........... he has my vote , does he have your vote ?

Your subject poses two questions and your thread a totally different one.

Being sexist and homophobic he is a bad role model (did you even have to ask?). Future politician I doubt it, but he has personality for sure.

With all due respect I think that what he said was taken out of contexts. All he said was… One day people thought the world was flat….. No one would ever believe a chunk of metal could fly in the sky. He then said It is Not impossible to believe that one day paedophilia etc... etc would be accepted! Lets be honest the way things are going is he wrong?????

The UK is messed up.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 00:17 ----------

The UK are letting more and more and more things through!! That is all I think he meant.

With all due respect I think that what he said was taken out of contexts. All he said was… One day people thought the world was flat….. No one would ever believe a chunk of metal could fly in the sky. He then said It is Not impossible to believe that one day paedophilia etc... etc would be accepted! Lets be honest the way things are going is he wrong?????

The UK is messed up.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 00:17 ----------

The UK are letting more and more and more things through!! That is all I think he meant.

As a statement alone it's just gibberish.

As a statement alone it's just gibberish.

Exactly as the papers report. It is gibberish from the papers lets move on and not listen to the silly madness the papers say.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 02:59 ----------

Just to clarify he does not agree with it… His point is the uk is so f up things are out of control. Things you never thought would happen have happened and are happening.

Exactly as the papers report. It is gibberish from the papers lets move on and not listen to the silly madness the papers say.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 02:59 ----------

Just to clarify he does not agree with it… His point is the uk is so f up things are out of control. Things you never thought would happen have happened and are happening.

Examples please.

I don't think Tyson is a homophobe at all, although his comments were a bit silly, unhelpful even, he says he's not a homophobe; and knowing his pedigree, I believe him.

I sparred with his dad (John) many years ago, although he could have easily flattened me he was a gentleman!

My lads train at the same armature gym where Tyson learned his trade, and he is a legend in Wythenshawe.

As someone said, a lot of this nonsense originates from the right wing fear of the Irish traveller community, and Tyson's silly comments have played into their hands so that they can create a bogey man to hate, as they did all those years ago with Jack Johnson and Muhammad Ali.

This is blatant racism, but Tyson is a young lad, he'll shrug it off.

If I could offer him a bit of advice, it would be to embrace the gay community, don't give the racists a chance to have a pop, and then claim the spoty in the same style he claimed the biggest prize in sport, and bagged me a nice bet!

Hasn't Fury's dad just been released from prison after getting an 11 year sentence for gouging someones eyes out?