Do people like to be 'outraged'?

The Duke of Edinburgh has said some moronic things. Just because he's the Duke of Edinburgh doesn't make him a sage.

Fury also tweeted

"Hears (sic) how I can put homosexuality along side Paedophilia? Printed by the BBC in 2014...." He then tweeted a BBC article about the Paedophile Information Exchange.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/06/tyson-fury-makes-another-homosexuality-and-paedophilia-comparison_n_8732518.html

I've no idea whether Tyson's initial outburst has given him a taste for notoriety, and has decided that the only way he's going to get attention is by making more moronic statements. Much like a third rate Richard Littlejohn.

Anyway, all this furore will give him something to reminisce over with other has-beens on a future edition of Celebrity Big Brother.

The OP's title is Do people like to be 'outraged'?

You have proved that people do like to be 'outraged' - WELL DONE

The OP's title is Do people like to be 'outraged'?

You have proved that people do like to be 'outraged' - WELL DONE

As someone who is gay, I get no pleasure in being portrayed as someone on a par with a paedophile. Especially by a thug who knocks people about for a living. It's horrible & offensive.

If I sound outraged, it's because I am. Not because it's about 'winning' a stupid argument on a Sheffield Forum thread, or proving the point of the OP.

As someone who is gay, I get no pleasure in being portrayed as someone on a par with a paedophile. Especially by a thug who knocks people about for a living. It's horrible & offensive.

If I sound outraged, it's because I am. Not because it's about 'winning' a stupid argument on a Sheffield Forum thread, or proving the point of the OP.

Boxing is an art which requires much discipline in order to become a World champion . Comparing a boxer to a thug could be judged to be horrible and offensive by some people .

Boxing is an art which requires much discipline in order to become a World champion . Comparing a boxer to a thug could be judged to be horrible and offensive by some people .

Have a read of this news report from a few weeks ago:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/18/six-gang-members-who-tortured-gay-teenagers-have-been-sent-to-jail-5447068/

As I said to another poster, the comments that Tyson Fury makes gives succour to the monsters that committed these horrible acts.

Instead of seeing this as a game of semantics, try using your empathy and common sense to realise that views espoused by Fury are vile and offensive.

Have a read of this news report from a few weeks ago:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/18/six-gang-members-who-tortured-gay-teenagers-have-been-sent-to-jail-5447068/

As I said to another poster, the comments that Tyson Fury makes gives succour to the monsters that committed these horrible acts.

Instead of seeing this as a game of semantics, try using your empathy and common sense to realise that views espoused by Fury are vile and offensive.

Those horrendous criminal acts have got nothing at all to do with Tyson Fury , just as the San Bernardino shootings near an abortion clinic have nothing to do with him .

Try to use your own common sense and remove that chip from your shoulder .

So you agree Tyson Fury is married and hasn't got a bird .

If he's married then yes I agree he's married duh. As for 'bird' she is very likely to be seen as that by the morons who equally believe that some half baked idea of Fury that Homosexuality and paedophilia are synonymous...which is moronic, which you support, which is moronic...hence, you are both morons as well as anyone else who supports the Fury 'idiot ideology'.

Gamston...Do you think Mister M by any stretch of the imagination is a paedophile?.. even easier for you..do you think gay people in general are paedo's?

If he's married then yes I agree he's married duh. As for 'bird' she is very likely to be seen as that by the morons who equally believe that some half baked idea of Fury that Homosexuality and paedophilia are synonymous...which is moronic, which you support, which is moronic...hence, you are both morons as well as anyone else who supports the Fury 'idiot ideology'.

Gamston...Do you think Mister M by any stretch of the imagination is a paedophile?.. even easier for you..do you think gay people in general are paedo's?

Tyson Fury has not go any ideology . All he has done his voice his opinions about three moral subjects and responded to those who have challenged his views . Pro abortion supporters don't seem to be making as much fuss regarding Tyson Fury which seems to suggest to me they are more tolerant of people who have different views to them than homosexuals .

I won't comment about the rest of your garbage other then saying the title of moron is more appropriate to you than either me or Tyson Fury .

Edited by Gamston
typo

In the past gay people have faced beatings, abuse, and real nastiness. Because of this, and other reasons, it was decided that sexual orientation would be a protected characteristic.

Does this diminish the rights of others? I don't think so, people aren't assaulted for being straight. Is it unfair on gay bashers? No in law it's potentially harsher, but that's the point.

As a consequence of being gay, I tend to get outraged at the way that some in society treat gay people. Having said that I tend to have higher expectations of other gay people in how they behave towards each other.... Believe it or not there's a lot of discrimination on the gay scene, and this saddens me.

---------- Post added 09-12-2015 at 18:06 ----------

I've no problem celebrating successes such as that of David Attenborough, Ian McEwan or Neo Rauch, .

But why would anyone be jealous of Tyson Fury? I hate boxing, what he said was vile and he comes across as gormless and pig ignorant.

I understand what you mean. I think I worded my post badly. For example, why aren't people who have ginger hair protected in law, or people who wear glasses? The argument was that the protected groups had some characteristic about them they couldn't change, but this no longer holds true. For example pregnant women in nearly all cases (I accept there are rape cases) have chosen to become pregnant so why the special protection? These laws currently make me almost untouchable as I'm gay and pregnant! I'm genuinely interested in whether these laws should start to be repealed or has the UK not quite evolved far enough yet? Surely if someone has an issue with gay people then they will find another to discriminate without falling foul of the law, as Gamston was trying to point on another thread.

There is discrimination in all parts of society, hence why I wonder if these laws 'work' any longer.

So you're saying boxers are thugs?