Do people like to be 'outraged'?

Hardly a day goes by now without a storm of 'outrage' about what someone has said. Currently, the latest outburst of apoplectic fury is being vented against Donald Trump and Tyson Fury.

I suspect that righteous indignation of this kind provides people with a cathartic moral thrill - i.e. they get secret pleasure from being 'outraged'. Life would be much duller without our Donalds and Tysons.

I like to think of it as the " Mary Whitehouse Syndrome " .

There are a percentage of people in this country , usually leftie , liberals who get offended by anything slightly controversial . They are professional complainers who have nothing better to do .

They want us to live in a bland , sanitised society where you cant say boo to a goose.

Did you see what he just called you!? Shocker! Fight! Fight!

Yep … I'll just bide my time and wait for the right moment. ;)

---------- Post added 10-12-2015 at 20:54 ----------

They're dogs Alcopoop!

All right … boxers are the dogs, although I think they're pants. Personally, with you wearing kilts and stuff up there, I wouldn't have thought you were aware of such fashion accessories. :P

Edited by Alcoblog

I like to think of it as the " Mary Whitehouse Syndrome " .

There are a percentage of people in this country , usually leftie , liberals who get offended by anything slightly controversial . They are professional complainers who have nothing better to do .

They want us to live in a bland , sanitised society where you cant say boo to a goose.

I vaguely remember Mary Whitehouse being 'outraged' by a homosexual scene on one of the soaps . I think at the time she became an hate figure for gay activists and even received death threats .

Yep … I'll just bide my time and wait for the right moment. ;)

---------- Post added 10-12-2015 at 20:54 ----------

All right … boxers are the dogs, although I think they're pants. Personally, with you wearing kilts and stuff up there, I wouldn't have thought you were aware of such fashion accessories. :P

I'll wait til tha's got leg cramp then kick thi reight hard.:D Or hit thi wi a leg cramp roller.:P

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

I'll wait til tha's got leg crap then kick thi reight hard.:D Or hit thi wi a leg cramp roller.:P

Idle threats from the comfort of your computer/Sinclair mean nothing to me Mr.McWoods.

I know you're being allowed out of Scotland to come down here at Christmas, this no doubt by way of the M1. Bearing in mind the Alcocopter® can hover for up to twenty seven hours in economy mode above say, a motorway, and now boasts nukes, it should be you who's worried. :P

Idle threats from the comfort of your computer/Sinclair mean nothing to me Mr.McWoods.

I know you're being allowed out of Scotland to come down here at Christmas, this no doubt by way of the M1. Bearing in mind the Alcocopter® can hover for up to twenty seven hours in economy mode above say, a motorway, and now boasts nukes, it should be you who's worried. :P

:o

Twenty seven hours aboard the nuclear Alcocopter®?

What do you have for tea? :huh:

Fission chips? :P (Bum! Bum!)