Workplace chocolate allocation in the Sheffield office environment

Our tradition is to bring cakes if it is your birthday. The vast majority of people follow the tradition, we also sometimes have cakes for engagements, babies and leaving. There are often too many cakes so there are second and third helpings to go around.

There is one person who always eats everyone else's cakes, but never brings in their own for their birthday, it has become a running joke :hihi:

Id root through their waste paper bins to identify the culprit (unless they've been clever, and disposed their wrappers in another colleagues bin), and then proceed with some form of chant at their expense.

Then, on the way home, pick up another tub to eat in front of the tv this evening !

Happy birthday by the way! I've also never understood why you have to buy your own birthday goodies :hihi:

Thanks everyone for the birthday greets and kind words. Makes me feel a bit better about my fellow men and that maybe not everyone would eat all the CELEBRATIONS. I'm gonna just leave it cos I'm the bigger man and I don't want to seem like I'm too angry (even though I am). I had such big plans for my big day and it was spoiled but I'll have another soon I suppose...

Thanks everyone for the birthday greets and kind words. Makes me feel a bit better about my fellow men and that maybe not everyone would eat all the CELEBRATIONS. I'm gonna just leave it cos I'm the bigger man and I don't want to seem like I'm too angry (even though I am). I had such big plans for my big day and it was spoiled but I'll have another soon I suppose...

You might be the bigger man because you eat Celebrations without realising you did so. An apology to all your colleagues might be in order.

Our tradition is to bring cakes if it is your birthday. The vast majority of people follow the tradition, we also sometimes have cakes for engagements, babies and leaving. There are often too many cakes so there are second and third helpings to go around.

There is one person who always eats everyone else's cakes, but never brings in their own for their birthday, it has become a running joke :hihi:

We've got one of those in my office. he's always the first when they are being dished out but has never ever brought any in. Never puts in a collection either. Tight git!

We've got one of those in my office. he's always the first when they are being dished out but has never ever brought any in. Never puts in a collection either. Tight git!

My friend Stephen was reading this over my shoulder last night (when I was on laptop). He said that I'm lucky to be in this situation where I can complain about greedy selfish people at work. He hasn't got a job these days you see and just sits at home all day doing his XBOX thing. Suppose he's got a point but I've called in sick today anyway cos of flew.

My friend Stephen was reading this over my shoulder last night (when I was on laptop). He said that I'm lucky to be in this situation where I can complain about greedy selfish people at work. He hasn't got a job these days you see and just sits at home all day doing his XBOX thing. Suppose he's got a point but I've called in sick today anyway cos of flew.

If you really had flu you'd be far too ill to even get on your laptop!

Do you mean you have 'man' flu?