Lets stop calling ISIS, Taliban and Al-Qaida, Muslims.

I'm confused. These people are Muslims, they kill people in the name of their God, they follow an extremist ideology based on their faith in a way that most other Muslims find abhorrent. All the members of the groups are Muslims and their beliefs are taken from the Koran. Are we now not allowed to call them Muslims? Do we have to avoid eye contact with the elephant in the room in case we upset normal Muslims?

The Westboro Baptist Church is a bunch of nutters following an extremist view of Christianity; are we not allowed to call them Christians for fear of offending normal Christians?

Maybe we shouldn't have called the IRA the Irish Republican Army either, for fear of offending Irish people.

:confused:

my bold=

I'm not surprised, go back and read the thread from the beggining and maybe the lightbulb will light up. :hihi:

Patient refuses to be treated by 2 Muslim doctors= http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/i-dont-want-to-be-treated-by-someone-in-a-hijab-patient-refuses-care-from-two-muslim-doctors-34276594.html

When I read crap like this it actually makes me angry.....

Yes, that's understandably depressing - the patient was clearly a bigot.

As depressing as this guy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196970/Muslim-dentist-repeatedly-turned-away-female-patients-refusing-wear-head-scarves-surgery.html

Both people are wrong.

Patient refuses to be treated by 2 Muslim doctors= http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/i-dont-want-to-be-treated-by-someone-in-a-hijab-patient-refuses-care-from-two-muslim-doctors-34276594.html

When I read crap like this it actually makes me angry.....

Does it also make you angry when Muslims refuse treatemnt from doctors and nursing staff?

Do you have a link to a story of Muslims refusing treatment from doctors due to thir religion?

Why would a Muslim refuse to be treat by a nurse or Doctor of the opposite sex? There are lots of links about that. If it's due to religious reasons, then yes, there are links to stories about Muslims refusing treatment due to religious reasons.

Worryingly, if you follow that path, there are also links of Muslim doctors refusing to treat patients and Muslim trainee doctors refusing to learn certain female specific ailments and surgeries or dispense things like flu shots as they contain gelatin.

The NHS has policies for the special treatment of people from different faiths and seems to do everything it can to provide for them (including same sex nursing staff). You could argue that you won't hear of stories in the UK of Muslims refusing treatment because they won't even be put in the situation where they would feel the need to complain in the first place.

Frankly, it's ridiculous. As a patient, I simply don't care who is treating me as long as they know what they are doing.

Edited by the_bloke
Typo