Lets stop calling ISIS, Taliban and Al-Qaida, Muslims.

Not sure what all that has to do with the price of fish. Is the Koran the word of an infallible god or isn't it?

I do not believe it is. However I believe it is the right of every man and woman to believe whatever he/she likes as long as those beliefs to not impinge on similar rights for others.

• 2 weeks later...
Why would a Muslim refuse to be treat by a nurse or Doctor of the opposite sex? There are lots of links about that. If it's due to religious reasons, then yes, there are links to stories about Muslims refusing treatment due to religious reasons.

Worryingly, if you follow that path, there are also links of Muslim doctors refusing to treat patients and Muslim trainee doctors refusing to learn certain female specific ailments and surgeries or dispense things like flu shots as they contain gelatin.

The NHS has policies for the special treatment of people from different faiths and seems to do everything it can to provide for them (including same sex nursing staff). You could argue that you won't hear of stories in the UK of Muslims refusing treatment because they won't even be put in the situation where they would feel the need to complain in the first place.

Frankly, it's ridiculous. As a patient, I simply don't care who is treating me as long as they know what they are doing.

It's not always the case that same sex hospital staff can be found. Also hospitals are not allowed to discriminate against their staff on grounds of sex or race, so if they stopped a member of staff doing their job on those grounds they'd be opening themselves up for discrimination claims.

Do not dismiss the fact that muslims are fighting isis now,the Syrian army is muslim so is the kurds.What do you expect the local muslims to do to help ?

Muslims don't even like each other, we should use overseas aid to arm all the muslims and let them lay into each other.

Taken from a previous post.

" with a growing Muslim population there are benifits in learning about Islam and how it will one day affect the lives of the Christains and athiests living here. "

Here is a genuine question or two.

What are the benefits of learning about Islam?.

How will Islam affect my life one day?.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Closed ranks don't help anyone, especially Muslims.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/25/prevent-programme-lacking-referrals-from-muslim-community

A fraction of referrals to a key government anti-terror scheme are being made from within the Muslim community, leading to widespread distrust and threats of a national boycott, a report has found. Less than 10% of the referrals to the Prevent programme, a central plank of the government’s counter-terrorism strategy, come from within the Muslim community, according to figures obtained by The Times.

The collapse in referrals means that the bulk of tip-offs are originating from public services, such as schools or doctors. This in turn is breeding distrust and disillusionment among some Muslim communities, it is claimed.

Taken from a previous post.

" with a growing Muslim population there are benifits in learning about Islam and how it will one day affect the lives of the Christains and athiests living here. "

Here is a genuine question or two.

What are the benefits of learning about Islam?.

How will Islam affect my life one day?.

Angel1.

The benefits of learning about Islam are, in my opinion, worth the effort. This is why I have spent a good deal of time doing so.

1.2 billion humans on our planets are followers of Islam, to understand them you need an understanding of Islam. It underpins the political and social policies of many nations both now and over the past 1300 years.

Islam will impact your life as it is a major catalyst behind world politics. I genuinely urge you to read the Qu'ran, I can supply you with one if you desire. It is not that long and therefore is a relatively quick read