Lets stop calling ISIS, Taliban and Al-Qaida, Muslims.

There is no benefit in a non muslim forming their own opinion on islam, clearly as non-muslims we believe it to be incorrect in all its forms so speculating as to the 'correct' islam is pointless. Understanding the various sectsand schools of thought however is useful in helping us understand the challenges and opportunities in the various muslim communities.

As a athiest living in a non Muslim country with a growing Muslim population there are benifits in learning about Islam and how it will one day affect the lives of the Christains and athiests living here.

Correct islam is submition to the word of God as writen in the Koran, hopefuly correct Islam won't get a foothold in Britian, I can live with the western watered down version if so many didn't end up moving on to the more devout version.

Edited by betterman

As a athiest living in a non Muslim country with a growing Muslim population there are benifits in learning about Islam and how it will one day affect the lives of the Christains and athiests living here.

Correct islam is submition to the word of God as writen in the Koran, hopefuly correct Islam won't get a foothold in Britian, I can live with the western watered down version if so many didn't end up moving on to the more devout version.

There is no such thing as 'correct' islam. There are dozens of sects and subsects some of which are very similar and some of which vary wildly. A salafist and a sufi are as different as chalk and cheese so without a basic understanding of the different schools its very easy to come to false conclusions.

There is no such thing as 'correct' islam. There are dozens of sects and subsects some of which are very similar and some of which vary wildly. A salafist and a sufi are as different as chalk and cheese so without a basic understanding of the different schools its very easy to come to false conclusions.

Following the Koran is the correct version, for me to become a Muslim I just have to submit to the word of God as laid down in the Koran. I don't need an islamic scholar to explain it, I just have to do what God tells me to do and that is writen in the Koran.

Edited by betterman

I read this today and it affirmed what I already thought. That these groups are not muslims, they are cults and so attacking their ideology is not an attack on Islam.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/70000-clerics-issue-fatwa-against-terrorism-15-lakh-Muslims-support-it/articleshow/50100656.cms

Exactly dude

It's like referring to the IRA

As representation of all Catholics!! :loopy:

Murdoch's game - people are SO easily led

By our scum press :gag:

Following the Koran is the correct version, for me to become a Muslim I just have to submit to the word of God as laid down in the Koran. I don't need an islamic scholar to explain it, I just have to do what God tells me to do and that is writen in the Koran.

It's not a haynes manual. Its a collection of stories and injunctions in random order that requires a good degree of interpretation, hence there are so many versions of what 'following the qu'ran' should look like.

It's not a haynes manual. Its a collection of stories and injunctions in random order that requires a good degree of interpretation, hence there are so many versions of what 'following the qu'ran' should look like.

Its a collection of revalations form God apparantly, not a collection of stories, God is infalible so if do everything it says you will be a Muslim.

Its a collection of revalations form God apparantly, not a collection of stories, God is infalible so if do everything it says you will be a Muslim.

Half of its a cut and paste from the bible with the names changed to arabic so yes its loaded with stories rather than specific injunctions. Have you actually read it?

Mafya, I feel the need to apologise for people like Spider1 who are so full of blind hatred and anger, probably from an unsatisfied life, that they seek out others who by hating in turn can make them feel better about their pathetic, low value life.

I feel the need to apologise on behalf of all English people, just like people to expect you to apologise on behalf of Muslims.

Yes we have just had to move the kids from school as the school they were in was getting over run with them muslims . :suspect: sgtkate they ought to build a mosqe near you bet you would love that suicide bombers only muslims do that because they think there are 7 virgins waiting for them in heaven. Well i have just heard there are only 4 now as they are in short supply.

Edited by spider1

Exactly dude

It's like referring to the IRA

As representation of all Catholics!! :loopy:

Murdoch's game - people are SO easily led

By our scum press :gag:

That is a terrible analogy. The IRA were fighting an invader in their lands. The commuted terrorism for political rather than theistic reasons. The IRA never shouted "God is great" before blowing up shopping centres.

There are much better analogies to use, try and find one. I will give you a hint, look towards your own religion and Africa.