Lets stop calling ISIS, Taliban and Al-Qaida, Muslims.

What is the correct way to spell Koran/Qu'ran/Quran in English?

I've noticed that those most opposed to Islam tend to spell it Qu'ran, probably because it gives the illusion they know and understand the book. What does the mystery apostrophe stand for?

What is the correct way to spell Koran/Qu'ran/Quran in English?

I've noticed that those most opposed to Islam tend to spell it Qu'ran, probably because it gives the illusion they know and understand the book. What does the mystery apostrophe stand for?

Don't say I never gives ya nuffin dude! :hihi:

https://triangulations.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/the-qurans-extra-apostrophe/

Think I'll stick with Koran since Qur'an is mostly used by knobs who wish to appear more knowledgeable than they really are.

So you will deliberately use an archaic form of the word to avoid looking knowledgeable. I use Qu'ran because I was taught to do so by an Islamic scholar I was debating with at Sheffield University during an Islamic awareness drive about 5 years ago.

Era, schmera.

Either it is the word of an infallible god or it isn't. What does the book say on that point about it being the word of an infallible god?

It would be much more helpful to enlighten the Muslims of IS than the members of SF.

I fully understand that many of the members of SF do not need education, they have a breadth of knowledge and experience that allows them to be the opinionated know alls that a high percentage are. No doubt you can enlighten my darkness as to the nuances and true meanings of the Koran?

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 15:55 ----------

We would all be better off without Islam in our life. Especially Muslims.

We would all be better off without religion, but as that is not going to happen for a while maybe we should try to learn about it if only to protect ourselves.

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 16:02 ----------

I recently read a contribution fro a soldier who had been blown up by an IED in Afghanistan. I am paraphrasing but the gist of it was;

I was blown up by a Muslim, I was airlifted to hospital by a Muslim pilot and tended to by a Muslim first responder, I was operated on by a Muslim surgeon, and nursed by Muslim nurses, my first physiotherapist was a Muslim. I hate a Muslim because of what he did to me. I am forever grateful to a lot more Muslims who transported me to safety, made me well and looked after me. I hate one man, if I could take my revenge I would, but only on him. I thank God or Allah or whatever his name is for placing me into the hands of saints.

So you will deliberately use an archaic form of the word to avoid looking knowledgeable. I use Qu'ran because I was taught to do so by an Islamic scholar I was debating with at Sheffield University during an Islamic awareness drive about 5 years ago.

As if none of us is aware of Islam.:hihi:

Edited by RonJeremy

I fully understand that many of the members of SF do not need education, they have a breadth of knowledge and experience that allows them to be the opinionated know alls that a high percentage are. No doubt you can enlighten my darkness as to the nuances and true meanings of the Koran?

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 15:55 ----------

We would all be better off without religion, but as that is not going to happen for a while maybe we should try to learn about it if only to protect ourselves.

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 16:02 ----------

I recently read a contribution fro a soldier who had been blown up by an IED in Afghanistan. I am paraphrasing but the gist of it was;

I was blown up by a Muslim, I was airlifted to hospital by a Muslim pilot and tended to by a Muslim first responder, I was operated on by a Muslim surgeon, and nursed by Muslim nurses, my first physiotherapist was a Muslim. I hate a Muslim because of what he did to me. I am forever grateful to a lot more Muslims who transported me to safety, made me well and looked after me. I hate one man, if I could take my revenge I would, but only on him. I thank God or Allah or whatever his name is for placing me into the hands of saints.

Not sure what all that has to do with the price of fish. Is the Koran the word of an infallible god or isn't it?

Mafya, I feel the need to apologise for people like Spider1 who are so full of blind hatred and anger, probably from an unsatisfied life, that they seek out others who by hating in turn can make them feel better about their pathetic, low value life.

I feel the need to apologise on behalf of all English people, just like people to expect you to apologise on behalf of Muslims.

Get off your high horse! Do you know Spider1 personally?

And don't ever apologise on my behalf. I would imagine the majority of people in the UK (under their breath) are absolutely ****** off with the problems this disgusting religion has brought to the west. I would also add all religions to the crap pot.

If Islam is such a wonderful faith why do millions of muslims head west?

Get off your high horse! Do you know Spider1 personally?

And don't ever apologise on my behalf. I would imagine the majority of people in the UK (under their breath) are absolutely ****** off with the problems this disgusting religion has brought to the west. I would also add all religions to the crap pot.

If Islam is such a wonderful faith why do millions of muslims head west?

For the best of both worlds.