Lets stop calling ISIS, Taliban and Al-Qaida, Muslims.

So you will deliberately use an archaic form of the word to avoid looking knowledgeable. I use Qu'ran because I was taught to do so by an Islamic scholar I was debating with at Sheffield University during an Islamic awareness drive about 5 years ago.

I choose to use Koran because it's widely understood. It's also the form used by newspapers and the BBC.

Also an apostrophe in the middle of a word just looks wrong in English. The correct form will always be the Arabic, but we're in the UK and everyone understands Koran and it offends no one.

Plus you sound like a knob if you use Qur'an.

I choose to use Koran because it's widely understood. It's also the form used by newspapers and the BBC.

Also an apostrophe in the middle of a word just looks wrong in English. The correct form will always be the Arabic, but we're in the UK and everyone understands Koran and it offends no one.

Plus you sound like a knob if you use Qur'an.

Qur'an apears to be the prefered spelling online although for ease I spell it koran.

The Noble Qur'an

quran.com/

The Noble Qur'an in many languages in an easy-to-use interface. ... Legacy Quran.com · Contribute · Contact us. THE NOBLE QUR'AN. SURAHS (CHAPTERS).

Could one of our resident experts (Muslim or not) please answer my question, is the Koran the word of an infallible god?

It is a simple enough question but the people who seem to know about Islam seem to be avoiding it.

The oiginal recitals from mohammad to his followers are believed to be divine messages from God and it is believed that God is infalible, hence the Koran is believed to be the infalible word of God.

Could one of our resident experts (Muslim or not) please answer my question, is the Koran the word of an infallible god?

It is a simple enough question but the people who seem to know about Islam seem to be avoiding it.

There are folk out there who believe Lord of the Rings is real.

You won't be so quick to mock when Sauron returns with his plan to dominate middle earth.

Hi is Sauron muslim.

Just a thaught if muslims want to come to live in the u.k. but refuse to adapt to our ways . Why dont they move them all to some remote part of Scotland were they can do as they want .:hihi:

Edited by spider1

Are there any more muslims out there who can give a genuine take on what isis really means to muslims here? (without being ridiculed!)

Mafya seems unfairly out numbered, and is left to defend against some strong and sometimes biggotted views.

This can only increase ill feeling, which, if we are to live together is counter productive.

I know many muslims, and as far as I am aware, non of them support this horrible,barbaric sect, but I have to admit, sometimes the condemnation from the muslim comunity can be a bit sparse.

Perhaps they are scared of reprisals from the radical minority, or perhaps they are just fed up with the backlash from Islamaphobes, but we ALL need to speak out against the evil that seems a serious issue in the world, so that peace and harmony can reign!