Lee Rigbys killer to sue police.

I'm just thinking outloud amd possibly not very clearly. The murderer in this case can sue the taxpayer but who would the prison officers he attacked sue other than the murderer? Maybe some kind of sequestation of assets for convicts untill release would give prison officers assaulted an easier target to get compensation when assaulted by them. Sort of a good behaviour bond that is shared out if they attack officers.

The murderer is suing the prison officers employer for his allegation of their employees behaviour. If the prison officer's safety has been compromised/harmed they'd sue their employer for putting them in that situation.

I'm guessing that the prison officer would sue their employer rather than the prisoner because their employer would be more likely be in a situation where they can pay out funds. What sort of assets would a long term prisoner have to be able to pay out from?

What sort of assets would a long term prisoner have to be able to pay out from?

A long term prisoner probably has zero net worth. I know nothing of UK laws, but maybe they're looking at the future. He may inherit money, or if he wins a lawsuit they can take it all and he won't see any of it. You never know what might happen.

A long term prisoner probably has zero net worth. I know nothing of UK laws, but maybe they're looking at the future. He may inherit money, or if he wins a lawsuit they can take it all and he won't see any of it. You never know what might happen.

Which is probably why prison officers end up suing their employer, they're far more likely to receive any payout.

None, but that's irrelevant to the question of the right to sue should there be a case.

And if this scumbag wins this bit of BS then all the compensation money should be given to Lee's family

---------- Post added 14-12-2015 at 09:53 ----------

More utter nonsense . You still are referring the murderer of Lee Rigby as a killer . I do not do outrage and will continue to attempt to educate you .

If Lee Rigby's MURDERER (the crime he has been sent down for) is not a killer what is he and what is the crime of murder if not killiing?

And if this scumbag wins this bit of BS then all the compensation money should be given to Lee's family

Lets face facts, unless there's been a police coverup then he's not going to win. All Michael Adebolajo wants to do is stay is cause outrage.

---------- Post added 14-12-2015 at 09:53 ----------

If Lee Rigby's MURDERER (the crime he has been sent down for) is not a killer what is he and what is the crime of murder if not killiing?

I have nothing further to add to the essential contretemps regarding the correct terminology . I have no problem if people don't understand the points I made .

I have no problem if people don't understand the points I made .

Mostly they do, they just don't agree with them.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 18:37 ----------

I would hope he doesn't...if he does, that is quite worrying.

If I was Rigby's parents I wouldn't lower myself by accepting..nothing can bring their son back.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 18:40 ----------

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/15/man-who-travelled-to-syria-to-join-brothers-in-martyrdom-jailed

Another jailhouse convert terrorist back inside.

Surely its time to segregate islamists from the general population in jails.

That would indicate there is a general feeling of sympathy for prisoners in general..that'll almost be a first for SF, their usually derided in the same way.