Brian Blessed (actor) ?

A bit off topic but you reminded me MEL that I saw the Flash Gordon serial in the Saturday morning pictures in the late 1940s or early 50s

Search "Flash Gordon 1938" on You Tube.

In the film there were doors which opened as they were approached.:wow:

I remember wondering: how on earth (forgive the pun) could that possibly be done, it's impossible!

A bit off topic but you reminded me MEL that I saw the Flash Gordon serial in the Saturday morning pictures in the late 1940s or early 50s

Search "Flash Gordon 1938" on You Tube.

In the film there were doors which opened as they were approached.:wow:

I remember wondering: how on earth (forgive the pun) could that possibly be done, it's impossible!

heh heh yeah

Buster Crabbe was Flash?

What can you say about a guy whom people have decided is a Welsh icon, it's like he is stuck in a caricature of loud blustering stereotype, but lets not forget that this is a guy who walks the walk, I don't know how many mountains he has climbed in freezing circumstances which would keep most indoors, I admire him because of his 'snow business' and can forgive his 'show business'

Has he also reached the summit of Everest as well.

Angel1

Blessed was a keen boxer in his youth and claims to have sparred with the Dalai Lama.[19] He has attempted to climb Mount Everest three times,[20] reaching heights of 28,200 feet (8,600 m) in 1993 and 25,200 feet (7,700 m) in 1996, but without reaching the summit.[21] He has reached the tops of Mount Aconcagua in Argentina and Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. He is the oldest man to go to the North Magnetic Pole on foot,[22] and has undertaken an expedition into the jungles of Venezuela, during which he survived a plane crash. Blessed has completed 800 hours of space training at Star City in Russia.[11]

The guy's a living legend.

Yes, he should have stayed in Goldthorpe and not gotten ideas above his station.

Gone dahn't t'pit and then spent his declining years on t'dole, moaning about t'council and t'government.

That's how northerners should live.

Indeed, hear his own views on the subject; especially his opinion of 'Julian'