The Wilson's have sold their Property Empire

Personally I think that landlords for UK properties must be reside in the UK.

That way it doesn't take an age to prosecute the bad ones that hide abroad.

Also, despite the landlords I had whom where decent, Landlords should have to submit to government inspections of properties at least once a year & given notice of this inspection no more that 24hrs prior.

Would you include council properties in that?

That isn't what the video told you.

It told you that the amount guaranteed by the government in the event that the bank goes bust is to be reduced from 85 to 75k.

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 09:01 ----------

again it makes you wonder what the gov knows :roll:

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 17:38 ----------

I think you'll find it's a bit of EU regulation..the government used to guarantee (underwrite) accounts to the value of 85k..it's been reduced to 75k... it's called the Deposit Guarantee Scheme..the new directive "harmonises" the amount over the whole of the EU..it's set at 100,000 euros about 75k pounds..

yea we know what happened in Greece :roll: makes you wonder whos next:suspect:

I'm just nervous about our infrastructure being sold off to foreign investors.

Which means your statement about it being a joke was a joke, correct?

It is OK Anna, over the years I have got to understand you as a confused Labour voter with severe nationalist views.

Personally I think that landlords for UK properties must be reside in the UK.

That way it doesn't take an age to prosecute the bad ones that hide abroad.

Also, despite the landlords I had whom where decent, Landlords should have to submit to government inspections of properties at least once a year & given notice of this inspection no more that 24hrs prior.

I have issues with this.

I have friends that like to go travelling, when they go travelling they take unpaid leave from work and rent out their house. Your idea would stop them being able to afford to travel because if they weren't allowed to rent their house they'd obviously have to find the money to pay their mortgage when they're away. They'd also have to take the risk of their house being stood empty for 6 months or more.

They know that legally they are obliged to keep the guarantee in line with that set by the EU central bank, which is E100,000.

It's not a big conspiracy as you seem to be trying to imply.

no I call it theft cyclone( take your head out of the sand)just say for an example I deposit a million quid into my bank account and it goes tits up why should I lose 925 thousand pound because of some eu crap made up to swindle me out of my money :huh:

no I call it theft cyclone( take your head out of the sand)just say for an example I deposit a million quid into my bank account and it goes tits up why should I lose 925 thousand pound because of some eu crap made up to swindle me out of my money :huh:

Before this EU legislation, if you had £1 million in the bank and the bank went bankrupt, how much much would have you lost then?

Edited by JFKvsNixon