The Wilson's have sold their Property Empire

Do you save with the bank of England? I don't.

And as you and everyone else should be well aware, particularly after the collapse of Northern Rock in recent memory, banks are not 100% safe and guaranteed, but fortunately the government guarantee's the first 75k of any savings in your account (with a single institution) (reduced from 85k from Jan 16 forwards to be in line with the EU).

There is no conspiracy to steal your money as ricgem seems to have assumed after misunderstanding the information he was given at the bank.

---------- Post added 13-12-2015 at 19:06 ----------

take your head out of the sand heres an example and theres probably more http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mail-opinion-high-living-bankrupts-laughing-1913021 now if I give you a certain amount of money to save for me and you then lose my money you owe me that money,regardless of what a piece of paper says you owe me. ill give you a tip were ever I invest my money (dubious or otherwise) I make sure that what I invest comes back to me:hihi: .btw have you lost any money :hihi::hihi:

That's not how investment works.

Buy some shares. If the price falls, you aren't getting that money back. Put 100k in a bank, if the bank goes under, you're only getting 75k back, and that's after a long delay.

---------- Post added 13-12-2015 at 19:08 ----------

no I call it theft cyclone( take your head out of the sand)just say for an example I deposit a million quid into my bank account and it goes tits up why should I lose 925 thousand pound because of some eu crap made up to swindle me out of my money :huh:

You can call it what you like. But it isn't theft if a company goes bust.

For the past 6 years the government have guaranteed 85k of savings, now they are reducing it to 75k to be in line with the EU. Nobody is stealing 10k from anyone.

It's the "made up EU crap" that means you get anything back at all. Before it you'd have got nothing back. :roll: