Clearway signs - don't people know the rules?

Yet again I've seen a traffic warden take a photo of a car parked on a side street between a Clearway sign and the main road. Cars seem to be ticketed regularly around Hillsborough for ignoring (or not understanding) these signs. Today someone who parked at the foot of Dorothy Road will have got a nasty surprise when they found a ticket on their car.

Just in case anyone doesn't know the signs I mean, the Clearway sign is a red outer circle with a blue centre, and a diagonal red cross. https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/52168000/jpg/_52168095_52168094.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-13085294&h=304&w=304&tbnid=tYoTmH9gCRbRZM:&docid=UIv04SUlzVhNFM&hl=en-gb&ei=FVZvVui0LcT2UNrZtOgI&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0ahUKEwiok7XaxdzJAhVEOxQKHdosDY0QMwg9KBcwFw

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Yet again I've seen a traffic warden take a photo of a car parked on a side street between a Clearway sign and the main road. Cars seem to be ticketed regularly around Hillsborough for ignoring (or not understanding) these signs. Today someone who parked at the foot of Dorothy Road will have got a nasty surprise when they found a ticket on their car.

Just in case anyone doesn't know the signs I mean, the Clearway sign is a red outer circle with a blue centre, and a diagonal red cross.

I think many people do know the rules they just don't give a monkeys.

I see this quite often on the side streets down Langsett & Infirmary road, especially the ones just below the tram stop near Wood street. In fact the dentist has a notice in his waiting room warning people to park below the sign on the side street. Must say the traffic wardens are pretty quick in this area........easy money.

I see this quite often on the side streets down Langsett & Infirmary road, especially the ones just below the tram stop near Wood street. In fact the dentist has a notice in his waiting room warning people to park below the sign on the side street. Must say the traffic wardens are pretty quick in this area........easy money.

Not if people obey the signs..I think they are there to stop the junctions getting blocked by people parking too near the main road..

I think many people do know the rules they just don't give a monkeys.

I don't think that is the case, we live on one of these side-roads and I am astounded how often I have to tell visitors they can't park there - more often then not there are suitable spaces further up the road as well.

People parking there are causing genuine trouble for other road-users, for example coming off Middlewood Road and turning right into one of these roads, sometimes there is literally no room to go anywhere but straight into the single lane between parked cars - anything coming the opposite way and you are in trouble as one will have to back up to create space for the other and backing up onto Middlewood Road isn't possible most of the time.

The solution is double yellows, we have contacted the council in the past in relation to this and they said they would consider it as part of the Streets Ahead scheme... our roads haven't been touched despite being part of the first phase.