Blades Chat #3 - Discuss United here

Tipex

Even though im not a blades supporter i felt very priviledged to have performed on the pitch at half time!! :clap::banana: Didnt realise how MASSIVE the pitch was :wow: The atmosphere was amazing and all the staff in the office/reception and on the grounds were very friendly! It was a very surreal experience and enjoyed every minute of it!!!

:headbang::banana::clap:

Wow I am really excited, just got home...I think we can both survive in the premiership, few new players etc, its surreal, but seeing that trophy today really topped it off! But then I suppose you have been there before!

Well done Clare85, you deserved everything you got this season for your total consistency. Good luck next season :thumbsup:

NEIL Warnock says Sheffield United have given themselves "a fighting chance of survival" after finalising their transfer budget for next season's Premiership campaign.

The United manager was handed details of the funds he will have at his disposal over the weekend and, although the figure is likely to be slightly less than the £10 million experts have predicted is required by newcomers to the top flight, Warnock has declared himself happy with the board's decision.

He has immediately started plotting the next leg of his mission to unearth new talent.

Having watched three domestic fixtures within the past eight days, including Liverpool's game against Aston Villa and Sunderland's meeting with Fulham, Warnock is now expected to travel abroad to watch the foreign players his scouts have identified as possible targets.

Bramall Lane officials have refused to reveal the exact amount he will have to spend.

But Warnock told The Star: "The most important thing is that we give ourselves a chance and I think we've done that.

"I know the directors will have done all they can to come up with as much (money) as possible and they'll have decided a sum based on what we can afford.

"Now I know what I've got I can get on with the next stage, which is trying to identify the players I definitely want and then working out a way of getting them.

"We've had people going to games here there and everywhere and we're getting close to the stage where I can do that.

"But the most important thing has always been that we give ourselves a fighting chance and I'm sure we've done that."

With an increased wage bill set to eat into the £30m United are estimated to have banked after finishing at Championship runners-up, the club's bean-counters are understandably cautious about lavishing too much cash on recruitment, although in the past plc chairman Kevin McCabe has always attempted to generate the funds to match his ambition.

I really hope that they give him as much as possible to be honest- sunderland didn't spend hardly anything and look what happened to them!!!

10m is a good sum though and should get us 4 quality players that we need in defence and attach and then hopefully we will be able to bring in a couple of people on a season long loan!!

£10m is plenty if spent wisely :(

Warnock was on Sky Sports last night and when the lights went out he was asked about transfer targets etc. He said that there isn't much he wants to change, it's just a case of strengthening in certain areas.

I hope he was just being cagey for the purposes of TV.

West Ham and Wigan bought a virtually brand new defence when they went up.

Hi sarah641 and welcome to the forum,we have had a few argumentative posts regarding both supporters & in the interest of fairness ,we have decided that supporting our team the blades is what the post is about & have stopped slagging the Owls supporters off.Cheers Tosh13

the blades r the best. they will do brilliant in the premiership. wednesday r the biggest pigs in sheffield.

what do you think on the matter?

Tosh - I am biting it back, bro. Not looking for plaudits but this is the kind of thing that really sets me off. :)

Archived