Blades Chat #3 - Discuss United here

Tipex

China's state TV are sending over there TV crew to do a 2 hour documentry on the great season we had & that we will be known worldwide.This is great for United & for Sheffield.UP THE PREMIERSHIP MIGHTIER BLADES

The worst thing we can do is go out and squander money on iffy players and end up like Leeds and Wednesday,the players we have may well do ok,if they're getting hammered and it is obvious some are not up to it then have a rethink. With 10 million to spend you have to be careful and not throw it away on players no better than the ones we have.

The worst thing we can do is go out and squander money on iffy players and end up like Leeds and Wednesday,the players we have may well do ok,if they're getting hammered and it is obvious some are not up to it then have a rethink. With 10 million to spend you have to be careful and not throw it away on players no better than the ones we have.

well said!

Well done to United for getting promoted; I'm not a Sheffielder as such so don't support either Owls or Blades as such, but they deserve to go up and have a chance because they've been there or thereabouts for several years now.

How much of a chance they'll have depends on what they do now. If you look at the teams that were promoted last season and have then done well this season, i.e. Wigan and West Ham, they have people who can put away 20 goals a season (Roberts, Harewood, Ashton etc.), whereas the one thing that was conspicuous for Sunderland was the complete lack of anybody who could score one at all. Same goes for the people battling in the relegation zone like West Brom and Birmingham.

At the moment though I don't really see anybody of that calibre in the United team; there are lots of strikers who can pop in the odd few, but nobody really brilliant. If they're going to stand a chance in the Premiership they've got to try and sign someone like that. It certainly isn't Emile 'Eeyore' Heskey, though Hasselbaink would be more of a step in the right direction.

I was looking at the Premier League table over the long and frankly drunk-too-much weekend and thought how it resembles two separate leagues, simply the top half and the bottom (I know that sounds silly but allow me).

I reckon we'll be capable of going to any side that currently resides in the bottom half of the table, and if we can beat them away, we can beat them at the much improved lane.

Going on the table at 17th April, these teams are: (Sunderland and West Brom, relegated and about to be, so forget these and let's assume Birmingham are relegated that leaves): Portsmouth, Fulham (tricky), Aston Villa (a club in decline), Middlesboro (awkward), Man City, Charlton, Everton (definitely - we've a great record at Goodison).

Moving on up, Wigan (could be difficult, or will they be one season wonders?), Newcastle (I see no reason to believe we can't win at St. James'), Bolton (a tough place to go) - then it starts getting a little trickier - West Ham (depends on our mood really!), Blackburn (maybe) and then the cream of the crop: Arsenal (new stadium), Spurs (possible), Liverpool (depends if Gerrard's playing IMO and who the ref is), and Man U and Chelski.

You've also got the teams going up with us: Reading (we'll get our own back) and let's say either Watford (no worries) or Preston (small club in a big league).

Reading McCabe in the Star, I don't think he'd be daft enough to buy past-their-sell-by-date players on ridiculous wages - he's got a masterplan for the club.

I'm going to enjoy the summer. WELL DONE YOU RED AND WHITE WIZZARDS.

Need a little help.

I always go drinking locally then head to the Lane for kick off. Tonight I'm taking my mate with me and he wants to sample the pubs near the lane.

I ain't been drinkning round there for fikken ages.

Which pub is best?

Archived