Blades Chat #3 - Discuss United here

Tipex

Kids are the future mate (without wanting to go all Micky J). I just think its our responsibility as proud Sheffielders & followers of the Beautiful Game to not give them false hope by getting them involved in meaningless aspirations of consistent top-flight football. Wean them onto it with form like 4 wins, 2 draws & a loss, strengthen them with the promise of quality, experienced players & a manager who remains in his technical area, for the upcoming season. And, when the rewarding times do come, we are not there half-cocked with a core fan base of about 18,000, pretty ropey recent form & TWELVE seasons of dissapointment behind us. :(

I thank you.

No but you have TWELVE seasons of dissapointment in front of you, at least

Kids are the future mate (without wanting to go all Micky J). I just think its our responsibility as proud Sheffielders & followers of the Beautiful Game to not give them false hope by getting them involved in meaningless aspirations of consistent top-flight football. Wean them onto it with form like 4 wins, 2 draws & a loss, strengthen them with the promise of quality, experienced players & a manager who remains in his technical area, for the upcoming season. And, when the rewarding times do come, we are not there half-cocked with a core fan base of about 18,000, pretty ropey recent form & TWELVE seasons of dissapointment behind us. :(

I thank you.

Jazzy - you layin' down the law brotha. Haaaaaalelujah!!

i think the platinum suite is inside the john st stand (i could be wrong but i was told so)there is access for the disabled.

Cheers mark1971,I only know the club shop in the car park.

According to some reports,Warnock told Blackwell I hope someone breaks Kelly legs,I cannot believe this for one minute,that a former player & manager would wish that on another player no matter what the reason were.I think this has been blown out of all proportion,it was an emotionaly charged night & Warnock is well known for losing it sometimes,but the tackle on Short was a bad 2 footed one & he deserved to get a red card.

By 'some reports' do you mean The Sun?

Nuff said tosh13.

(But I have to admit that when I see the cool, restrained managerial style of Steve Coppell I do sometimes whisper under my breath 'I wish Warnock could be a bit more like that.')

I saw it Greasy Chip Buttie,but I don't read the S*n anyway it's not even chip paper these days,Like I said I don't believe it for one minute it is overshadowing our success this season.The media should be talking about our great season instead of this BS about Warnock.

i think the platinum suite is inside the john st stand (i could be wrong but i was told so)there is access for the disabled.

nah the platinum suite (im pretty sure) is on the cherry street side,

anyways, enough of the bitching blades and owls....... THE BLADES ARE GOING UP

According to some reports,Warnock told Blackwell I hope someone breaks Kelly legs,I cannot believe this for one minute,that a former player & manager would wish that on another player no matter what the reason were.I think this has been blown out of all proportion,it was an emotionaly charged night & Warnock is well known for losing it sometimes,but the tackle on Short was a bad 2 footed one & he deserved to get a red card.

Even if he did say that, is it really such a bad thing to say in the heat of the moment to Blackwell after Kelly almost broke Short's leg? Its not as if he shouted it out to the players or the crowd. Most of the crowd around me were shouting similar things throughout the game anyway (I wasn't though).

Archived