Current rumours and other baseless tosh on facebook

I've not been on FB for a couple of weeks, I took myself off it as I was getting so fed up of those stupid posts that show you a pic of a burnt child or a dog missing a face asking for you to type Amen otherwise you don't care! it doesn't matter how many times I chose not to receive notifications from the pages they still kept on showing up on my news feed..

I can honestly say I haven't missed it..

This ridiculous 'story' is doing the rounds again, with the person whos reposted the photo telling people to say 'Amen'.

The amount of people that have is ridiculous.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/100000-people-shared-picture-dog-7094059

Theres also been a lot of photos of disfigured, injured people and even supposedly dead babies posted, with the 'say Amen or get 7 years bad luck' nonsense.

Some of the photos, whether theyre real or not, are really quite shocking/distressing. I actually reported one to facebook only to be told it didnt breach any of its rules. Nice.

This ridiculous 'story' is doing the rounds again, with the person whos reposted the photo telling people to say 'Amen'.

The amount of people that have is ridiculous.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/100000-people-shared-picture-dog-7094059

Theres also been a lot of photos of disfigured, injured people and even supposedly dead babies posted, with the 'say Amen or get 7 years bad luck' nonsense.

Some of the photos, whether theyre real or not, are really quite shocking/distressing. I actually reported one to facebook only to be told it didnt breach any of its rules. Nice.

It's ridiculous!

Some I have seen have made me feel sick and I once saw one that distressed me that much that it's all I could think about when I was laid in bed trying to get to sleep - really put me about..

Personally I'd defriend someone who shared something like that. Which at least means it won't happen a second time.

It's not friends, it's those ridiculous pages that just appear on your news feed.. like trendzified or something stupid..

And it doesn't matter how many times you try to remove the notification they still appear.

It didn't use to be like that.

(You might be overestimating how many people use facebook)...

Ah...Just checked...you're probably right...Maybe I was thinking of the company value rather than the number of users. But anyway...I'm right that it's a hell of a lot of people out there who have no security or privacy settings activated at all....

To the other posters talking about the 'amen' type posts...Here's what they're actually saying 'amen' to:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/like-farming-facebook-scams-look-before-you-like-042215.html