Current rumours and other baseless tosh on facebook

I truly hope they're not!

So what's the issue? There is probably some people who wants to see the pictures.

As someone who's family lives 300 miles away, they very rarely get to see my daughter, so I regularly put updates of photos and videos on Facebook for them, and I'd hate to think by doing so I'm annoying someone.

I just post snopes links to all the untrue stuff so that people see them.

Indeed, I just posted this

the item quoted above is based on one such commentary, titled "Confessions for the Holidays" and delivered by Mr. Stein on that program on 18 December 2005, one week before Christmas. However, we rate this item only "partly true" because the versions of this piece which now circulate online typically contain transcription errors, present only a truncated version of the original, and include additional text and other modifications that were not part of the piece as it was first aired.

Taken from Snopes and actually rated as partially true! Although being misattributed to this year and supposedly down to the white house not saying Christmas tree due to political correctness.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 15:40 ----------

Facebook is really just a platform to nosey on people or see what old flames look like nowadays. Anyone who follows the daft links really shouldn't operate a computer.

Or to keep in touch with current friends, organise events, share photos and so on...

But you use it to cyber stalk exes if you like.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 15:41 ----------

What I hate about facebook is the overbearing parents that update us every hour with pictures of their kids, as though we care!!!!

Click on friends name

"Hide Post - See fewer posts like this

Unfollow X - Stop seeing posts but stay friends"

It's like they've given you the power to configure it how you like!

So what's the issue? There is probably some people who wants to see the pictures.

As someone who's family lives 300 miles away, they very rarely get to see my daughter, so I regularly put updates of photos and videos on Facebook for them, and I'd hate to think by doing so I'm annoying someone.

Ok, here's my issue... I don't put any pictures of my daughter on FB! she's 11yrs old and there isn't a single picture of her on my page, the reason being I don't want to plaster my child on the internet for weirdo's to gawp at!! I send school photo's to my relatives that don't get to see her often and I also send picture messages of family pics.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 15:44 ----------

Indeed, I just posted this

Taken from Snopes and actually rated as partially true! Although being misattributed to this year and supposedly down to the white house not saying Christmas tree due to political correctness.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 15:40 ----------

Or to keep in touch with current friends, organise events, share photos and so on...

But you use it to cyber stalk exes if you like.

---------- Post added 15-12-2015 at 15:41 ----------

Click on friends name

"Hide Post - See fewer posts like this

Unfollow X - Stop seeing posts but stay friends"

It's like they've given you the power to configure it how you like!

But then I wouldn't have anything on my news feed!!! :o

It came with the message 'Don't scroll down without typing Amen'.

There's one with a similar "Amen" request featuring a badly burned boy who was burned "rescuing his sister".

The truth about what happened to him is just horrible and not inspirational at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465664/Robert-Middleton-death-Parents-boy-viciously-burned-come-face-face-killer.html

Ok, here's my issue... I don't put any pictures of my daughter on FB! she's 11yrs old and there isn't a single picture of her on my page, the reason being I don't want to plaster my child on the internet for weirdo's to gawp at!! I send school photo's to my relatives that don't get to see her often and I also send picture messages of family pics

How do you deal with people looking at your daughter when she's in public, with all the weirdos gawping at her!

I treat social media as I treat I would all types of media, so my rule is, no photo goes on Facebook if i'm not comfortable with the same photo/video being shown on any type of media.

To simplify it, I'd not show her on Facebook how I'd wouldn't show her in public. So what's the issue?

How do you deal with people looking at your daughter when she's in public, with all the weirdos gawping at her!

I treat social media as I treat I would all types of media, so my rule is, no photo goes on Facebook if i'm not comfortable with the same photo/video being shown on any type of media.

To simplify it, I'd not show her on Facebook how I'd wouldn't show her in public. So what's the issue?

I'm just not into plastering my child on the internet, END OF.... Other people can do what they think is right and I'll do what I think is right..

When she's old enough to have her own FB profile I wont stop her, but in all honesty I'm hoping she'll be far too busy studying and experiencing life rather than pouting for selfies!!

I'm just not into plastering my child on the internet, END OF.... Other people can do what they think is right and I'll do what I think is right..

When she's old enough to have her own FB profile I wont stop her, but in all honesty I'm hoping she'll be far too busy studying and experiencing life rather than pouting for selfies!!

I think that you completely misunderstood my post. I wasn't asking for you to put photos of your daughter on Facebook. :huh:

How do you deal with people looking at your daughter when she's in public?