Dog mess in Sheffield or anywhere – when is it OK to allow?

Right, this is something that’s been bugging me for about half an hour now since I saw a big Daksun dog ‘do a toilet’ on the roadside kerb and the owner (an arrogant looking man) didn’t bother to pick it up. I jogged up to the owner and did a little ‘tut tut’ to show him how I felt anyway.

But what I’ve now been thinking is that some people aren’t so lucky with visual stuff. That is some people are BLIND or PARTIAL SITE and obviously they have dogs what they take around with them (there was a politics guy called Blunk-It from round here who had one of these animals). What I want to know is this.

What are the rules about the BLIND people and their dogs? Are the allowed not to clear up? It seems fair really. People with good eyes have no excuse and they should clean up but those with bad eyes surely can’t be expected to clear up all that mess from the roads!!

This has been playing on my mind too, no idea why I thought of it.

As far as I can tell, guide dogs are exempt from being cleared up after but I've not found a clear reference for this.

Here's Blunkett (or Blunk-It to you) and his experience with his dog: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301769/David-Blunkett-reveals-felt-VERY-strong-arm-law-fined-picking-dog.html

Additional thought: guide dogs are really well trained, maybe they clean up after themselves, or use a toilet?

:huh:

I think I'm right in saying that guide dogs are fed a diet rich in phosphorus, which I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, oxidises in moist air producing a yellow/green glow-in-the-dark effect.

This is what we armchair scientists call a chemiluminescent reaction - not to be confused with phosphorescence... which is something similar, but different. :cool:

Anyroad, as you can imagine, after a trip through the digestive system of man's best friend, this results in the same sort of effect that you get with the glow sticks that you can buy at Poundland.

So, although guide dogs are taught from a very early age to keep their legs crossed in public, any minor transgressions from those that are caught short in the call of duty can be easily identified from any mongrel misdemeanours...

... and as such, avoid the embarrassment of having the contents of their lower intestine from being bagged and hung up in trees for all to see. :gag:

Yea I assumed guide dogs and such were exempt.

I didn't know dogs with diarrhoea were though, I just assumed they would be - I mean what would you expect someone to do, get a sponge and chase the stream down the road??

When my dog had diarrhoea (she had bowel cancer although I didn't know it at the time) I was so neurotic about cleaning up that I took a bucket of water round and slewed it away! (It was only just round the corner!)

Toxicaris Canis is a worm that lives in dog poo. It can cause blindness in humans.

The answer seems obvious to me. Pick up a few poos from your dog. Rub them in your eyes. Hey presto, no need to ever pick another one up, because of the exemption mentioned up there ^^^.

This has been playing on my mind too, no idea why I thought of it.

As far as I can tell, guide dogs are exempt from being cleared up after but I've not found a clear reference for this.

Here's Blunkett (or Blunk-It to you) and his experience with his dog: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301769/David-Blunkett-reveals-felt-VERY-strong-arm-law-fined-picking-dog.html

Additional thought: guide dogs are really well trained, maybe they clean up after themselves, or use a toilet?

The last two lines of the article in your link say that guide dogs are exempt.

Quote from Blunk-it`s article: So I paid the fine – and found out the following day that guide dog owners are exempt from the regulations quoted

Ohmyword-in the article, a referance is made to police horses fouling the pavement. What should be done about it/ Do you have an opinion on this?;)

Edited by Janus

The last two lines of the article in your link say that guide dogs are exempt.

Quote from Blunk-it`s article: So I paid the fine – and found out the following day that guide dog owners are exempt from the regulations quoted

Ohmyword-in the article, a referance is made to police horses fowling the pavement. What should be done about it/ Do you have an opinion on this?;)

It’s a strange one with the police horses isn’t it. You can’t expect coppers to jump off the horses with carrier bags to clean it all up can you? Imagine in the middle of a big brawl outside football having to do that!! But on the other hand it is a problem and someone has to clean it up. OK so let’s get our ‘finkin caps’ on about what we can do. How about getting the criminals of society to sort it all out? Like, chain them to the police horse and when it ‘does a toilet’ they must blast it with one of them powerhose things. People could throw rotten fruit at them as they did it and it might make people think twice about getting a job as a criminal. Hopefully Cameron or whoever reads this.