Dog mess in Sheffield or anywhere – when is it OK to allow?

It’s a strange one with the police horses isn’t it. You can’t expect coppers to jump off the horses with carrier bags to clean it all up can you? Imagine in the middle of a big brawl outside football having to do that!! But on the other hand it is a problem and someone has to clean it up. OK so let’s get our ‘finkin caps’ on about what we can do. How about getting the criminals of society to sort it all out? Like, chain them to the police horse and when it ‘does a toilet’ they must blast it with one of them powerhose things. People could throw rotten fruit at them as they did it and it might make people think twice about getting a job as a criminal. Hopefully Cameron or whoever reads this.

:huh:

How about we introduce tax relief on garden roses? :roll:

I only clean up after my dog if he makes a mess on or close to footpaths, or creates something in an open grassy area such as a park - places where people go. When he's off the lead in the woods and up in the fields behind the house, he goes where he wants and that is where it stays.

There is a guy in a mobility scooter who takes a fat lab out twice a day around here and lets it defecate on the pavement all the time. He either can't pick it up, or won't, so it stays until the rain/wildlife/shoes takes it away :/

We also have a decent fox population where I live, so there is reason to believe that not all mess is from irresponsible dog owners.

I've seen a LOT of dog poop on the pavements near my house lately. I might complain to the council, it's like dodge the poop at the moment.

Some of it is huge too :gag:

It's not like poop bags are expensive. I just bought a pack of nappy bags for this purpose, 150 for £1, and they should last 2 or 3 months I reckon.

A lot of dog owners only pick up their dog's excrement if they think somebody is watching them ... and if they do pick it up they take a quick look around and hang the blue bag on the nearest tree. Lets have the return of the dog licence, maybe £250 pa per dog could be used to employ people to clear their disgusting mess up?

A lot of dog owners only pick up their dog's excrement if they think somebody is watching them ... and if they do pick it up they take a quick look around and hang the blue bag on the nearest tree. Lets have the return of the dog licence, maybe £250 pa per dog could be used to employ people to clear their disgusting mess up?

How does charging £250 for a dog licence encourage owners to pick up?:huh: