Campaign grows to switch the building of HS2 station to Sheffield city

So as regards Sheffield - Manchester, they are proudly announcing that the work already committed to will continue being committed to, and that someone thinks it would be a good idea to electrify the Hope line, but not even a hint that the government might fund it at some point in the future. Sigh.

15 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

They turned us back at the barrier, so you must have been lucky.

If over 66 you can get to East Midlands for £3 15 for an Advance SNR from Derby to Sheffield. 

Sadly the X57 is no longer going to Manchester Airport or anywhere after Jan 9th

The issue for me is not about price it is were I can fly to so Emidlands is a waste of time

The 3 hour delay is a feature of the TPE offer and has been for years and simple and easy to use

19 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

The issue for me is not about price it is were I can fly to so Emidlands is a waste of time

The 3 hour delay is a feature of the TPE offer and has been for years and simple and easy to use

Destination is obviously the main consideration but irrelevant when I merely pointing out that arriving at EMA and travelling to Sheffield is quicker, far more flexible and cheaper than MAN. 

From Manchester Airport

Passengers wishing to use this(late Advance ticket) must have their tickets endorsed at the Ticket Office before boarding the train

Queues at the station office to get tickets endorsed.

There are no cross platform connections for TPE trains so its crowds/steps/crowds/walk/steps/walk right across Piccadilly.

Not valid on two thirds of the trains between Manchester and Sheffield.

Often late and crowded.

Only one TPE train an hour.

Other trains much cheaper.

A hidden "1 hour" rule that requires 1 hour travel time between arrivals hall and the station or your ticket won't be endorsed.

For early arrivals the TPE ticket is not valid at all.

Stress level?

From EMA

At  arrivals door get onto the bus(3ph), pay driver, arrive at to Derby station entrance, catch any train (4ph). Sit. 

Stress level?

10 hours ago, sadbrewer said:

I'm no fan of Johnson ( in any way shape or form) but it has to be remembered that despite his crocodile tears today, Keir Starmer voted against Hs2 in 2017.

Hugely expensive vanity project. Perhaps he had a better alternative?

All this and more, should have been done 50 years ago when France were busy building their equivalent of HS2.

Unlike us, they actually got theirs completed.

Japan & China make us look like laughing stocks when you look at their railways

All this goes to prove is that our Governments have  failed us in the last 50 years and that Labour and the Conservatives are equally as bad.

Time we stopped playing the big I AM  as though we are still a world power and got down to making British citizens lives better at long last.

First action should be to cancel the building of the new Royal yacht.

If you want to show off, you need something to show off about so do something useful with the money instead.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

All this and more, should have been done 50 years ago when France were busy building their equivalent of HS2.

All this goes to prove is that our Governments have  failed us in the last 50 years and that Labour and the Conservatives are equally as bad.

Time we stopped playing the big I AM  as though we are still a world power and got down to making British citizens lives better at long last.

If you want to show off, you need something to show off about so do something useful with the money instead.

I didn't realise we were...another stupid idea from the idiot we have as prime minister.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I was under the impression that it was NOT a Royal yacht as they said they dont need one.  I think, like the jumbo, its a vanity project for the PM