Campaign grows to switch the building of HS2 station to Sheffield city

I do, but that has nothing to do with the route from Chesterfield to Sheffield.

A whole half a mile, you say?

#PrayForFoxydebsMum

I wasn't talking about the chesterfield part I was talking about what I know about the south Yorkshire part. If you are going to be sarcastic I said my dad was even closer. It's the biggest white elephant going.

---------- Post added 03-01-2017 at 12:04 ----------

Eh?

:confused::confused:

I put following the proposed route will destroy countryside and housing throughout south Yorkshire and all you bang on about is chesterfield. Which is in Derbyshire

If you are going to be sarcastic I said my dad was even closer. It's the biggest white elephant going.

There are people up and down the country with a track at the bottom of their garden, my house is just over the road to a track used by freight trains daily, I've got up in the middle of the night for the loo to hear freight going past. You deal with it.

I put following the proposed route will destroy countryside and housing throughout south Yorkshire and all you bang on about is chesterfield. Which is in Derbyshire

The proposed route into Sheffield will destroy nothing though. That is the only point I was making.

It will travel on existing lines into Sheffield City Centre, where have you seen it written that new lines will be constructed between Chesterfield and Sheffield in order to achieve this?

So it won't be in any way HS then will it.

---------- Post added 03-01-2017 at 16:53 ----------

I wasn't talking about the chesterfield part I was talking about what I know about the south Yorkshire part. If you are going to be sarcastic I said my dad was even closer. It's the biggest white elephant going.

---------- Post added 03-01-2017 at 12:04 ----------

You actually put

"but following the route through the city centre destroys housing estates and countryside through out south Yorkshire."

There is no such route, hence everyone being confused by your comments.

---------- Post added 03-01-2017 at 16:54 ----------

HS2 going to Sheffield Centre is great as it will boost property prices around the area :hihi:

It will be the existing spur line going to the city centre, it won't boost anything.

---------- Post added 03-01-2017 at 16:55 ----------

Predicted journey time is 83 minutes, current journey time is 120+ minutes.

The report claims the change from Meadowhall to the spur will only add 15 minutes to the journey (incl. stop at Chesterfield)

But the frequency will drop from 1 every 20 mins to 1 an hour.

So if you miss a train it adds 40 mins + 15 mins to your journey. Making it slower than the existing service by some way!