UKIP without Farage, better or worse?

I find the UKIP party a more attractive vote than Labour and Libral/Dem .If labour keep going they will soon be overtaken by the Green Party, i think this shows how weak a position they are in with Coyburn.

It did make me wonder with all the talk of Corbynites deselecting the sitting Labour MPs, what might happen between now and 2020. Carswell defected from the Torys to UKIP. With Labour moving beyond the comfort zone might a few from the Labour ranks be considering the options. I can imaging the liberals and UKIP entering 2020 with rather more MPs than they have right now.

It did make me wonder with all the talk of Corbynites deselecting the sitting Labour MPs, what might happen between now and 2020. Carswell defected from the Torys to UKIP. With Labour moving beyond the comfort zone might a few from the Labour ranks be considering the options. I can imaging the liberals and UKIP entering 2020 with rather more MPs than they have right now.

Interesting thinking, personally i think once the referendum on Europe is out of the way UKIP, being very much a one issue party will die out. The Liberals need 20 years in the wilderness to lick their wounds. The Greens will benefit.

Interesting thinking, personally i think once the referendum on Europe is out of the way UKIP, being very much a one issue party will die out. The Liberals need 20 years in the wilderness to lick their wounds. The Greens will benefit.

Well you would think so, but the SNP became a far more powerfull political force afrer they lost the Scottish referendum. UKIP will have to hope that the UK narrowly votes to remain in the EU and then they will become the focus for the millions who voted to pull out.

Well you would think so, but the SNP became a far more powerfull political force afrer they lost the Scottish referendum. UKIP will have to hope that the UK narrowly votes to remain in the EU and then they will become the focus for the millions who voted to pull out.

I think the opposite will happen with Greens moving to Labour. Corbyn is the man for them....

What you say is perfectly logical. I would only point out that UKIP is a one issue party where the SNP have fully fledged policies. However, if you are right UKIP could morph into a English Nationalist Party, that would be interesting.

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 12:38 ----------

I think the opposite will happen with Greens moving to Labour. Corbyn is the man for them....

Corbyn is a joke, he is the best thing thats happened to the Tories since Arthur Scargill.

If you are going to win an election in this country you have to be centrist. Tony Blair knew that and won three times.

Corbyns politics are too extreme, ill thought out and daft,he is a protestor not a politician.

Actually that is pretty funny, if it is true. You do realise that if 150,000 Labour voters moved to the Tories because of Labours move to the left, but were replaced by 500,000 voters who moved from the Greens to Labour, the tories would increase their majority considerably?

Edited by pacifica

Actually that is pretty funny, if it is true. You do realise that if 150,000 Labour voters moved to the Tories because of Labours move to the left, but were replaced by 500,000 voters who moved from the Greens to Labour, the tories would increase their majority considerably?

If you're going to use sums please show your workings in the margin as this doesn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic, what will happen to Farage if Britain does decide to leave Europe?

Isn't it a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas?

What will be the point of UKIP then if they achieve this aim?

Surely the rest of their policies will appear futile as the other parties will just incorporate them?

Alternative view:

who would be now talking about the UK's position in the EU- let alone contemplating a Referendum- were it not for UKIP?

If it was not for UKIP there would be no EU Referendum. I can remember David Cameron saying he would never support a Referendum. Then Farage came along and he soon changed his mind.