Drivers and Driving

When i take my Wife to work ( Northern General ) on my Motor Bike , i regularly see Cars with One Headlight / Brakelight not working ...

I counted 7 Cars the other day in the space of 2 miles with faulty lights ...

Well, whilst we're on the nighttime driving bugbears:

1. When stopped in traffic, once there is a vehicle stationary behind you... Take your foot off the brake and apply the handbrake.

covered by Rule 114

This is impossible to do with an automatic.

What about this one I was travelling to Leeds last night I was in the middle lane doing just under 70mph when in front of me was a builder's van,the back flap was hanging down covering all the lights and number plate how I missed him I don't know.I passed him and and tried to ring the 101 number it just kept ringing and no answer,Im sure somone was going to run into him,absolute idiot...:loopy:

What about this one I was travelling to Leeds last night I was in the middle lane doing just under 70mph when in front of me was a builder's van,the back flap was hanging down covering all the lights and number plate how I missed him I don't know.I passed him and and tried to ring the 101 number it just kept ringing and no answer,Im sure somone was going to run into him,absolute idiot...:loopy:

I have used the 101 recently, there was a short wait, perhaps you should have rung 999, different numbers does cause confusion.

For me the problem is the number of cars with badly adjusted headlights so one is shining as if on full beam even on dipped. Then there's the number of cars with either a headlight out or brake light or rear light. People don't take care for their cars any more. I mean how difficult is it to turn your lights on and check they work?

If you have stop/start function for saving petrol - the engine comes back on if you take your foot off the brake. That will be A reason some people dont use the handbrake.

Really?

Seems an odd time for engine to restart, unless you're talking about automatics?

In mine (manual box) the engine cuts when I come to a stop and am not in gear.

When I put clutch down to engage gear, engine restarts.

Nothing to do with brake.

This is impossible to do with an automatic.

I drive an Auto just put into P or N and put the hand brake on in N with hand brake should not get the car beeping to be put into P as the engine is on and being used.

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 13:16 ----------

I am guessing it is not just me who as this as an annoyence, this morning the roads where a little less busy nice and clear yet 10+ drivers withthem on!

and a BMW not fitted with Indicators!!