When is enough, enough?

I'm not looking for any excuse, you've stated the number is small, FACT, but not actually provided any evidence whatsoever to quantify that number being small.

Not small... minute.

Can you 'evidence' that there are more grains of sands on this beach than there are people by proving a count of each? By your standards, it would be factually incorrect to state it as a fact that there are more grains of sand... and you call me silly!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Islam leads a grossly disproportion amount of people down an extremist path... FACT. What is also a fact is that patience is running out across Europe and things are going to get very difficult for Muslims if they do not wake up to the need to reform and tackle their problem. Muslims may not like what I say but I am being more of a friend telling it as it is then you are with your false words of comfort.

Go and learn the meaning of historical context, the Koran also says kill the unbelievers but you don't see all Muslims trying to kill unbelievers do you? :rolleyes:

According muslim clerics it is blasphemy to disobey as written the words of the Koran.

To update the wording of the Koran is considered blasphemy

---------- Post added 07-02-2016 at 11:43 ----------

You look for excuses to avoid acknowledging a truth that you find uncomfortable but you are only deluding yourself and creating a reputation as a dishonest person.

Good to see some common sense posted.

What you need to do is understand why and how the experts hold their position, then you may be able to judge whether their position has validity. Unfortunately this often takes longer than a 10 minute google to achieve.

You believe that to be a problem? Surely as more evidence comes to light opinions should change!!!!!!!!!!!!

That applies to you also, in my opinion I understand it and you don't, in your opinion you understand it and I don't, its quite normal for people to disagree and have differing opinions even when they see the same evidence.

Its a problem in the sense that relying on experts doesn't help when they disagree with each other and very often end up being proven wrong in the future.

Not small... minute.

Can you 'evidence' that there are more grains of sands on this beach than there are people by proving a count of each? By your standards, it would be factually incorrect to state it as a fact that there are more grains of sand... and you call me silly!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Islam leads a grossly disproportion amount of people down an extremist path... FACT. What is also a fact is that patience is running out across Europe and things are going to get very difficult for Muslims if they do not wake up to the need to reform and tackle their problem. Muslims may not like what I say but I am being more of a friend telling it as it is then you are with your false words of comfort.

Those examples are nothing alike and you well know it. I'll take it that you can't provide any evidence and you're simply avoiding the direct question I asked you.

Unlike you, who is blatantly fear mongering, I am not trying to comfort anyone. I've had more arguments with Muslims than you can know.

You keep saying 'your false words' let's be clear, your the one who made a statement without the evidence to quantify it, all I've done is ask for the numbers.

Now as you've clearly shown you can't base your statement on evidence, you clearly don't understand my position (thinking I'm a Christian/thinking I'm trying to comfort anyone) I don't really see any point in us continuing.

When the day of judgement for Muslims comes, when we've all become so aggrieved with them that we hold them to account, then I'll accept your right (in light of your total inability to back up your fear mongering) until then I'll continue to treat Muslims as I do any other human being without judging the majority for the misguidedness of a few.

That applies to you also, in my opinion I understand it and you don't, in your opinion you understand it and I don't, its quite normal for people to disagree and have differing opinions even when they see the same evidence.

Its a problem in the sense that relying on experts doesn't help when they disagree with each other and very often end up being proven wrong in the future.

Explain specifically how it applies to me.

Not being able to put a precise figure of something doesn't mean you can't make factual statements. The number of British citizens going off to fight for ISIS that come from a non-Muslim background is minute compared to those from a Muslim background. Fact. In all cases it is exposure to Islam that has steered them down that path and the reasons more from a Muslim background go down that path is because they are subject to more exposure.

You look for excuses to avoid acknowledging a truth that you find uncomfortable but you are only deluding yourself and creating a reputation as a dishonest person.

Which is quite normal for humans, I wouldn't say it is a dishonest thought process, just a subconscious process which we evolved to help us stay safe.

Perhaps we can start a new religion ,first of all we need a new prophet who preaches love and tolerance to all [inc those who do not believe] perhaps the late John Lennon or even Terry Wogan would do ,we can make up miracles and other dogooder things about them as we write the new scriptures [start date 1964 ish].

We can build new places of worship that will incorporate free love to all along with the provision that all meetings will be attended without clothes [both sexes].

The new buildings will not have steeples or minarets so as to say look at me aren't I grand ,but pub type signs that depict a verse or two from Dylan Thomas or Tommy Cooper [so as no one knows what the hell, oops!! they are on about] same as the bible and the Koran today .

We could start this religion tomorrow on the Town Hall steps where we can choose new disciples to write the new scriptures .

Hope this dun't sound daft .

I don't need to provide evidence, you made a statement,

You made a statement that I am wrong which I will ignore because of your inability or unwillingness to demonstrate.

I see no point in trying to debate the topic with you if you aren't going to express an opinion other than I am wrong.

---------- Post added 07-02-2016 at 11:56 ----------

Perhaps we can start a new religion ,first of all we need a new prophet who preaches love and tolerance to all [inc those who do not believe] perhaps the late John Lennon or even Terry Wogan would do ,we can make up miracles and other dogooder things about them as we write the new scriptures [start date 1964 ish].

We can build new places of worship that will incorporate free love to all along with the provision that all meetings will be attended without clothes [both sexes].

The new buildings will not have steeples or minarets so as to say look at me aren't I grand ,but pub type signs that depict a verse or two from Dylan Thomas or Tommy Cooper [so as no one knows what the hell, oops!! they are on about] same as the bible and the Koran today .

We could start this religion tomorrow on the Town Hall steps where we can choose new disciples to write the new scriptures .

Hope this dun't sound daft .

If anyone today declares them selves a prophet of God they will very likely be locked away in a mental institution or killed.

Edited by sutty27

Does anyone else get cracked up about the atheist ghost hunter trying to champion reason and evidence?

I have an interest in religion, I also have an interest in people who claim to have seen ghosts and alien spacecraft.

Does that mean I believe in any of it? Not at all.

Does that stop me having friends who do? Not at all.

I thoroughly enjoy going out on a ghost hunting, in the same way I enjoy watching Sci Fi films, it doesn't mean that I believe Sci-fi films are real.