Immigrant violence at calais putting lives at risk

Who knows? It could be one of many reasons, each of them may have their own reasons. One thing is for sure, when you look at the refugee numbers across Europe the 2500 that you mention are a tiny part of the problem.

Agreed, and there are camps on the eastern fringes which I understand. This one I dont. None of it will go away anytime soon. Syria won't be resolved this decade, places like Afghanistan will never be sorted - it just goes on and on whether we get involved in not.

Agreed, and there are camps on the eastern fringes which I understand. This one I dont. None of it will go away anytime soon. Syria won't be resolved this decade, places like Afghanistan will never be sorted - it just goes on and on whether we get involved in not.

We, by we I mean the West, have to solve this problem at the source.

In a global community, the people who live in poverty stricken lands without a government that can offer security will look upon us in the West with envy and want to improve their lives.

It is unrealistic to believe that the people effected by this poverty and lack of security will happily sit around and suck up all the rubbish coming their families way, when they believe that there is a better way.

The West has to offer them security and a way out of poverty without the need for them to enter Europe in the numbers that they have been doing so.

In a global community, the people who live in poverty stricken lands without a government that can offer security will look upon us in the West with envy and want to improve their lives.

It is unrealistic to believe that the people effected by this poverty and lack of security will happily sit around and suck up all the rubbish coming their families way, when they believe that there is a better way.

The West has to offer them security and a way out of poverty without the need for them to enter Europe in the numbers that they have been doing so.

But they don't want our help. Look at afghanistan - the local populace hardly fell over themselves to help us help them. I'd argue people in poverty generally don't trust figures in authority in uniforms and with guns, and I'd also argue its a global thing.

When the west tries to help them we are rebuffed. What they want is to keep their 'culture' with all the baggage that comes with it, but have us fund a cushy life for them.

It's unsustainable now let alone with the third world population explosion and dwindling resources. The sooner we accept thisand take the required measures to reverse this invaision the better imo.

I see Cameron's now considering letting in 3000 young immigrants from Calais.

This will no doubt lead to thousands more claiming they have relations here and are entitled to come here, probably supported by millionaire legal aid lawyers.

Just what the country needs, more religious fanatics from Stone Age countries.

After all we've got doctors, nurses and teachers just waiting for something to do.

Houses standing empty and buckets of money to give out on benefits.

The sooner this madness ends the better, before the whole thing explodes.

This will no doubt lead to thousands more claiming they have relations here and are entitled to come here, probably supported by millionaire legal aid lawyers.

After all we've got doctors, nurses and teachers just waiting for something to do.

3000 + all relative is nothing compare to the amount of lazy English that relays on benefit/family credit etc etc to top up their wage as they are too dumb/lazy to get a better paid job.

their idea of getting on the housing ladder is getting a council house in their own name

You really are extraordinarily ignorant. Syria is most definitely not a stone age country and the people in the jungle are mostly not religious fanatics.

I daresay the fact that you people in question are unaccompanied children and therefore highly vulnerable matters not a bit to you.

Edited by Halibut

You really are extraordinarily ignorant. Syria is most definitely not a stone age country and the people in the jungle are mostly not religious fanatics.

I daresay the fact that you people in question are unaccompanied children and therefore highly vulnerable matters not a bit to you.

That's nice, being called ignorant by someone who spends their life posting on SF. What are they leaving if it's not Stone Age? They're not coming here as missionaries (or they might be) to help us out.

We've had our share of religious conflict in this country and don't need to import more. You only need to walk around Sheffield city centre to see how they resist integration.

And as for people being vulnerable, there's millions around the world in that situation and asking Europe to be responsible for them all is the height of folly, and would put an intolerable burden on the countries resources.

But then again I don't suppose you're bothered about that, you'll be able to carry on sniping all day,every day.

Incidentally, I'm fully expecting you to report me again and get a ban.never mind hey.

---------- Post added 24-01-2016 at 18:05 ----------

3000 + all relative is nothing compare to the amount of lazy English that relays on benefit/family credit etc etc to top up their wage as they are too dumb/lazy to get a better paid job.

their idea of getting on the housing ladder is getting a council house in their own name

I totally agree, but that doesn't mean that the Jeremy Kyle generation needs adding to. But 3000 plus relatives plus relatives plus relatives....................then the numbers start adding up to unsubstainable levels.

Edited by gomgeg

That's nice, being called ignorant by someone who spends their life posting on SF. What are they leaving if it's not Stone Age? They're not coming here as missionaries (or they might be) to help us out.

We've had our share of religious conflict in this country and don't need to import more. You only need to walk around Sheffield city centre to see how they resist integration.

And as for people being vulnerable, there's millions around the world in that situation and asking Europe to be responsible for them all is the height of folly, and would put an intolerable burden on the countries resources.

But then again I don't suppose you're bothered about that, you'll be able to carry on sniping all day,every day.

Incidentally, I'm fully expecting you to report me again and get a ban.never mind hey.

---------- Post added 24-01-2016 at 18:05 ----------

I totally agree, but that doesn't mean that the Jeremy Kyle generation needs adding to. But 3000 plus relatives plus relatives plus relatives....................then the numbers start adding up to unsubstainable levels.

Cheap and nasty with it. You'd keep children away from their families just to satisfy your own small mindedness. As for reports, if you're thick enough to break the rules at least grow a spine and take responsibility for your own failings and stop trying to blame others. Cheers.

Cheap and nasty with it. You'd keep children away from their families just to satisfy your own small mindedness. As for reports, if you're thick enough to break the rules at least grow a spine and take responsibility for your own failings and stop trying to blame others. Cheers.

Cheap and nasty! I was expressing an opinion originally, which I thought I was allowed to do on SF, then got called Ignorant, now thick.

I unlike some on here have worked for what we've got, why don't you try it.

You really are an unpleasant child. Don't forget your boxing gloves when you get sent to bed.