Why isn't this classed as a terrorist attack?

If I had been the one that planted this crude device in the shopping centre you can bet your last pound that I would have been arrested on suspicion of terrorism and it would have been said that it as only down to my crap bomb making skills that the device was laughable but the intent was still there.

What was the intention of the suspect for planting this device?

How many Christmas shoppers were terrified when told to evacuate?

Some of you wouldn't be so quick to laugh it off if it happened whilst you was out shopping with your family's, you would be <REMOVED> yourselves with fear.

Some of the replys on this thread have only reinforced my view that only Muslims are classed as terrorists by the media and public nowadays.

Do you belief a terrorist is worse than a murderer?

---------- Post added 20-12-2015 at 13:37 ----------

You just don't get it do you? :rolleyes:

We get that you have a persecution complex.

Those bog rolls are dangerous you know :hihi::hihi:

Apparently if there had been a few dozen fireworks on top of the items found, there would have almost been enough exposive to crack the toilet bowl. What more evidence of terrorists do you need?

If I had been the one that planted this crude device in the shopping centre you can bet your last pound that I would have been arrested on suspicion of terrorism and it would have been said that it as only down to my crap bomb making skills that the device was laughable but the intent was still there.

Some of you wouldn't be so quick to laugh it off if it happened whilst you was out shopping with your family's, you would be <REMOVED> yourselves with fear.

Some of the replys on this thread have only reinforced my view that only Muslims are classed as terrorists by the media and public nowadays.

Its been explained on this thread several times and in response to your question, that the thing which defines a terrorist attack is the motivation. Was it inspired based on ideological, racial or religious grounds?

If you had planted the device, then they would investigate why. Without the above then it would not be classed as a terrorist offence and you would be charged with a different and more appropriate crime such as arson. The fact you wanted to create mayhem does not make it a terrorist attack, but that aspect would be taken into account during sentencing.

If you think Muslims are classed as terrorists then you have a persecution complex. I dont class them as terrorist, but its undeniable that a very high proportion of terrorists who use bombs and kill people have turned out to be muslims and inspired by religion, even though they are only a tiny part of the muslim population. That's them and is completely different from a blind application to all muslims.

All very fair comments in my opinion which make much common sense .

What surprises me the most given the current high terrorist threat is someone has not suggested there maybe a Government directive towards the Police and media organisations not to mention the "T" word until the Government release their own statements about incidents of this nature .

---------- Post added 20-12-2015 at 14:09 ----------

So for the point of fairness you think the police should treat non muslims that aren't terrorists as terrorists just because Muslim terrorists are treated as terrorists. :huh:

No I don't think that and have no problem in your failure to understand my comments correctly .