Another explosive device found in a toilet

Suspected bomb removed from the toilet of an Air France Airbus flying from Mauritius to Paris. It made an emergency landing in Mombassa in Kenya with everyone safe.

A passenger has been arrested.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/20/air-france-flight-makes-emergency-landing-in-kenya-after-bomb-alert

Developing story

Just by finding an apparent bomb doesn't mean it automatically means it was put there by someone with a Islamist political agenda.

Authorities need to investigate properly- easy to ride on the Islamic terrorism bandwagon.

Before long people may start making things up...oh wait. Someone did that already.:o

Primary school teacher admits he was not stabbed by an Isil terrorist, hours after he claimed he was attacked by a man wearing a balaclava and gloves, prosecutors say

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12049014/Teacher-stabbed-in-Paris-by-attacker-citing-Islamic-State.html

The interesting thing is that their main suspects are a couple of the passengers.

Without knowing their colour or religion it would seem this has much greater potential to be a terrorist attack than bog roll preston.

Why? Plane attack resulting in potential high casualties.

Are there actual explosives, although on a plane even bog roll bomb could be fatal.

Bomb atacks on planes are almost all terrorist linked.

Wait to see what their motive was.

The article doesnt say anything as of yet.

---------- Post added 20-12-2015 at 12:49 ----------

Just by finding an apparent bomb doesn't mean it automatically means it was put there by someone with a Islamist political agenda.

Authorities need to investigate properly- easy to ride on the Islamic terrorism bandwagon.

Before long people may start making things up...oh wait. Someone did that already.:o

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12049014/Teacher-stabbed-in-Paris-by-attacker-citing-Islamic-State.html

Ofc they need to investigate properly, but when they do is anyone going to be surprised if it has links to Islamic terrorism? The case with the French teacher was the exception and not the rule, its the fact they did investigate fairly that revelaed he had made it up.

Out of interest how many bombs on planes have there been that have not been linked to Islamic terrorism?

I would just add at his stage the BBC are just calling it a suspect package.

Edited by 999tigger

The interesting thing is that their main suspects are a couple of the passengers.

Without knowing their colour or religion it would seem this has much greater potential to be a terrorist attack than bog roll preston.

Why? Plane attack resulting in potential high casualties.

Are there actual explosives, although on a plane even bog roll bomb could be fatal.

Bomb atacks on planes are almost all terrorist linked.

Wait to see what their motive was.

The article doesnt say anything as of yet.

---------- Post added 20-12-2015 at 12:49 ----------

Ofc they need to investigate properly, but when they do is anyone going to be surprised if it has links to Islamic terrorism? The case with the French teacher was the exception and not the rule, its the fact they did investigate fairly that revelaed he had made it up.

Out of interest how many bombs on planes have there been that have not been linked to Islamic terrorism?

I would just add at his stage the BBC are just calling it a suspect package.

My bold=

If it turns out the suspect is a Muslim the media headlines will be calling it a terrorist attack.

My bold=

If it turns out the suspect is a Muslim the media headlines will be calling it a terrorist attack.

I believe that it will be associated with terrorism as soon as it's clear it was a bomb.

You still haven't provided any single example of mistaken news headline about Muslim terrorist.

My bold=

Well you dont know yet, but the media arent the ones doing the investigation. You seem to think its some sort of anti muslim villifcation if the media do start to question whether its a terrorist attack.

It will be a terrorist attack if they find the person is linked to a terrorist group or motivated by some ideological, racial or religious reason for deciding he wnated to kill people by means of a bomb on a plane.

What % of bombs on planes have there been that have involved muslims?

What % of bombs on planes have there been that involve muslims and are also linked to either conflict in the middle east and some form of islamic fundamentalism?

Theres a difference between speculating something where theres a track record as opposed to claiming for a fact it is something.

I read that article you posted and understood what it was trying to say, but it was flawed, with some of the arguments being ridiculous.

BBC reporting false alarm now.

---------- Post added 20-12-2015 at 14:51 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35144471

Edited by 999tigger

What makes you say this?

Well they will won't they. A bomb on a plane is an attempted terrorist act - unless it was state sponsored (which I doubt). If it's a Muslim who put it there it's an Islamic terrorist attack (even if the media go out of their way to say it isn't initially).