Another explosive device found in a toilet

It was a hoax. What sort of person leaves a box, with a timer, in a toilet on a plane?

Maybe they had a bet with someone about the time the journey would take or maybe they just didn't want to go to Paris.

Pity they didn't plant it in the toilets at my office.

It was a hoax. What sort of person leaves a box, with a timer, in a toilet on a plane?

Maybe they had a bet with someone about the time the journey would take or maybe they just didn't want to go to Paris.

Pity they didn't plant it in the toilets at my office.

I wonder if they will be charged with anything. If they believe it was a bomb hoax then that can be a serious matter.

Section 51(1) of the CLA

Under section 51(1) of the CLA, a person who places an article somewhere or dispatches an article by post, rail or any other means of transporting items from one location to another with the intention of inducing someone to believe that it is likely to explode or ignite and thereby cause personal injury or damage to property is guilty of the offence of placing or dispatching an article to cause a bomb hoax.

I wonder if they will be charged with anything. If they believe it was a bomb hoax then that can be a serious matter.

Section 51(1) of the CLA

Under section 51(1) of the CLA, a person who places an article somewhere or dispatches an article by post, rail or any other means of transporting items from one location to another with the intention of inducing someone to believe that it is likely to explode or ignite and thereby cause personal injury or damage to property is guilty of the offence of placing or dispatching an article to cause a bomb hoax.

Well if you smoke in the toilets on a plane or cause a serious disturbance the crew will arrest you and divert the plane to another airport. The fine is many thousands of pounds.

Section 51(1) of the CLA

Why wasn't the Preston shopping centre incident treated as a bomb hoax instead of an arson charge? :huh:

Why wasn't the Preston shopping centre incident treated as a bomb hoax instead of an arson charge? :huh:

I am unsure, but it may be that the device wasnt classified as a bomb or that it wasnt meant to be discovered, which would rule out the hoax aspect.

Arson with intent to endnager life is still a serious crime. It has a maximum life imprisonment.

Because it was arson and not a bomb hoax. The device as described wasn't a hoax bomb it was a primative incendiary device. Hence actual arson not a hoax bomb.