What, in your opinion, constitutes a terror attack?

You know what I'm actually fed up of going around in circles with people who are not willing to listen or try to understand what I'm saying.

What are you saying? Nobody should mention muslim when it comes to bad behaviour, including that directly inspired by interpretations of islam? That seems to me what you want, am I wrong?

Muslim sex offender gang in court and the headline says Muslim grooming gang yet the non Muslim grooming gang in Bristol are referred to as paedophiles with no mention of their religion is one example = http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230898/Beyond-evil-paedophile-gang-raped-babies-toddlers-streamed-vile-crimes-internet-sex-abusers-world-jailed-78-years.html

Where's the headline about the Muslim gang?

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 23:48 ----------

What are you saying? Nobody should mention muslim when it comes to bad behaviour, including that directly inspired by interpretations of islam? That seems to me what you want, am I wrong?

That's quite clearly not what he's saying. He's saying that Muslim suspects are treated differently to non Muslim suspects.

Muslim sex offender gang in court and the headline says Muslim grooming gang yet the non Muslim grooming gang in Bristol are referred to as paedophiles with no mention of their religion is one example = http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230898/Beyond-evil-paedophile-gang-raped-babies-toddlers-streamed-vile-crimes-internet-sex-abusers-world-jailed-78-years.html

What would be your ideal headline for the Daily Mail article?

"'Beyond evil’ non-Muslim paedophile gang who raped babies and toddlers and streamed their vile crimes on the internet to sex abusers around the world are jailed for 78 years"

It doesn't really work. Would it be better if the "Muslim grooming gang" were referred to as "Asian (or Pakistani) grooming gang"? There has to be some reference to their origin as it's a phenomenon that needs to be recognised. If it's swept under the carpet it could happen again and there would be allegations of a cover-up.

I realise there's racists who want to exploit the issue, but hiding it away doesn't work. In fact it's counter-productive.

What do you want it to say?

Non-muslim gang or Christian gang or if they had no religion then, aetheist gang?

The only reason I think they use muslim grooming gang is that there have been a large number of similar types of gangs in recent years. Its a recent thing in the way they operated.

What do you want it to say?

Non-muslim gang or Christian gang or if they had no religion then, aetheist gang?

The only reason I think they use muslim grooming gang is that there have been a large number of similar types of gangs in recent years. Its a recent thing in the way they operated.

I'd rather the headlines didn't mention the religion be it Muslim, Christian or atheist.

The rapist who got sentence in Sheffield the other day who got a beating off the victim didn't have his religiousor non belief status included in the headline did he?

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 01:13 ----------

From the police or the press or general population? You keep changing.

If you read my post no 74 a bit back on this thread I stated from the public, media and the law in the link to a post on the other thread which has carried on to this one.

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 01:14 ----------

What would be your ideal headline for the Daily Mail article?

"'Beyond evil’ non-Muslim paedophile gang who raped babies and toddlers and streamed their vile crimes on the internet to sex abusers around the world are jailed for 78 years"

It doesn't really work. Would it be better if the "Muslim grooming gang" were referred to as "Asian (or Pakistani) grooming gang"? There has to be some reference to their origin as it's a phenomenon that needs to be recognised. If it's swept under the carpet it could happen again and there would be allegations of a cover-up.

I realise there's racists who want to exploit the issue, but hiding it away doesn't work. In fact it's counter-productive.

Why not keep the religious status out of it?

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 01:16 ----------

No I wasn't disappointed, as I made myself clear in post 95 on that thread = http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11245519#post11245519

You even responded in post 96 and here you are saying I was disappointed which is wrong.

****** off with the way Muslim suspects are treated in comparison to non muslim ones by the law, media and public is my issue

The above post off the thread I started explains my issue.....

Edited by mafya

Muslim vilification us the issue....

But nobody is doing that. Muslims are mostly decent folks we all get that. Some muslims interpretation of islam makes them think raping kids and murdering non muslims is fine. We do not carry that over to all muslims. But please don't try to censor the fact that the offenders be they child rapists or terrorist murderers do get their ok from their interpretation of islam

I'd rather the headlines didn't mention the religion be it Muslim, Christian or atheist.

The rapist who got sentence in Sheffield the other day who got a beating off the victim didn't have his religiousor non belief status included in the headline did he?

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 01:13 ----------

If you read my post no 74 a bit back on this thread I stated from the public, media and the law in the link to a post on the other thread which has carried on to this one.

Muslims are an ethnic minority though, so when something happens, especially when it was as unprecedented as Rotherham, then its hard not to point out a common factor.

I think you underesimate the fact ther are many independent sensible people who do not tar a whole community with the actions of a few. Going round calling everyone hypocrites and brainwashed doesnt help.

It didnt help the other thread got shut down, but it might have been easier if youd been clearer in what you were complaining about and we could have discussed it in that order, the police, the press and the public. It doesnt help jumping from one thing to the other.