Private Hire Taxis showing mobility badge

I have just returned from a bad couple of hours after making an annoying trip to Rotherham District Hospital.But thats another annoyance.

My attention was drawn to vehicles parked within the grounds in the disabled spaces.

One in particular being a Private Hire Taxi ,within a disabled parking space showing a correctly shown and valid mobility badge.

Now having a tad of knowledge about this,as far as I am aware in order to hold a Private Hire licence details of disability have to be submitted to Taxi licensing as you cannot have a disability,and the Private Hire proprietors insurance does not cover for a disabled driver.

In order to hold a Blue Badge you have to hold the High rate of disability to attain this.So in essence ,if disabled you cannot legally drive a taxi,but if you are legally entitled to drive a taxi you cannot be disabled and have a Blue Mobility badge.

The way that I see it,this seems to be another scam for free cash and help only allowed to a disabled person.Am I wrong in this assumption?

I have just returned from a bad couple of hours after making an annoying trip to Rotherham District Hospital.But thats another annoyance.

My attention was drawn to vehicles parked within the grounds in the disabled spaces.

One in particular being a Private Hire Taxi ,within a disabled parking space showing a correctly shown and valid mobility badge.

Now having a tad of knowledge about this,as far as I am aware in order to hold a Private Hire licence details of disability have to be submitted to Taxi licensing as you cannot have a disability,and the Private Hire proprietors insurance does not cover for a disabled driver.

In order to hold a Blue Badge you have to hold the High rate of disability to attain this.So in essence ,if disabled you cannot legally drive a taxi,but if you are legally entitled to drive a taxi you cannot be disabled and have a Blue Mobility badge.

The way that I see it,this seems to be another scam for free cash and help only allowed to a disabled person.Am I wrong in this assumption?

Yes you are wrong.

Also you are wrong about the sentence I have highlighted. To hold a Blue badge you do not have to be in receipt of 'High rate disability allowance '

If you do get the high rate disability allowance, you automatically qualify for a badge....... but other people can also apply for one.

Your blue badge relates to you, not your vehicle. This means that you can use your badge in any vehicle you're travelling in, including taxis and hire cars.

Googled from here.....

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/transport/driving-and-parking/driving-and-parking-for-disabled-people/the-blue-badge-scheme/what-is-the-blue-badge-scheme/

There was some controversy last year when a council stopped issuing the Blue Badges to Mini Bus companies which transport the disabled .

There is much abuse of the Blue Badge scheme as well as many false allegations of people abusing it .

Could they have dropped someone off and just be waiting to pick them back up, displaying the badge of the passenger?

As far as I am aware ,there used to be a collection area for patients.This was parked in a disabled parking space and there was no driver there .The parking was near the new mortuary

None the less I think that I am right in saying due to insurance purposes being disabled ,it is not possible to be a taxi driver.So therefore if you are disabled and claiming disability allowance you should not be working as a driver.

Hi ,fancypants having looked at the criteria prior to doing this post I am almost certain that what I have put is correct.

I am sure I stated who qualified for a badge,so how am I so wrong?

Hi solution.I am fully aware of who has a blue badge and how it is used.

Just to put it in a nutshell what I am saying . It is my belief that the person who is the taxi driver is also falsley claimimg what was Disability Living Allowance.My gut instinct is normally correct.

'A tad of knowledge', and yet the 4 pieces of knowledge are wrong! (bolds)

And your annoyance was unjustified.

Is this some kind of record?

---------- Post added 20-12-2015 at 20:33 ----------

My gut instinct is normally correct.

I'd go back to hospital and have your guts checked.

Hi ,fancypants having looked at the criteria prior to doing this post I am almost certain that what I have put is correct.

I am sure I stated who qualified for a badge,so how am I so wrong?

You stated that in order to qualify for a Blue Badge, a person must be on the high rate of disability ....... this is not true. You can get a Blue badge even if you don't get the disability allowance.