Tim Peake ISS launch a hoax?

I'm reminded of this rather wonderful thread. vResistance didn't get involved but TruthLogic (who never posted at the same time but did completely agree with everything vR said) a similarly deluded halfwit became convinced that Prince William had admitted to being a part of a secret society.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=732986&highlight=prince+william+alumni

A true classic, one of my all-time farovites!

What is interesting is that the subsequent passes of Zarya/ISS since Mr Peakes has been on board have been radio silent! No Packet Radio activity or anything!

I know they tend to turn things off during a supply ship docking but this has been a few days now. OY, Mr Peakes, TURN THE THING BACK ON!!

(That's if you are actually on board!!)

I was listening to a broadcast the other night on my phone (app, shows fantastic videos of Earth also).

It had to be a wind up,er didn't it?

Unfortunately not, Truthlogic was the very epitome of a frothing conspiracy fan.

He would leap upon any and every conspiracy theory doing the rounds at that time, no matter how ridiculous, blindly crusading in their honour and calling us all sheeple. I think he quit soon after the 'Alumni' incident.

The thread did serve as a good example of how easily conspiracy fans manage to connect dots where there are no connections to be made.

I'm quite relieved to learn that Tim Peake's launch in the Russian Soyuz rocket was faked.

It was always obvious to anybody who could think outside the box that the moon landings were faked, but it was a puzzle as to why the Russians remained silent on the hoax, despite their ability to track the NASA missions.

Of course it now transpires that they are just part of the conspiracy.

I'm quite relieved to learn that Tim Peake's launch in the Russian Soyuz rocket was faked.

It was always obvious to anybody who could think outside the box that the moon landings were faked, but it was a puzzle as to why the Russians remained silent on the hoax, despite their ability to track the NASA missions.

Of course it now transpires that they are just part of the conspiracy.

Did you follow the money? Is this how candy crush made so much?

• 1 month later...

It should be good for viewing the ISS tonight so long as it stays clear.

The ISS will be appearing at 6:13 PM for 3 minutes with a maximum elevation of 63° towards the south.

Elevation is measured as degrees above the horizon with the horizon being 0° and directly overhead 90°

It will first appear with 34° elevation above WSW and disappear with 18° elevation above East.

In simple terms go outside at 18:10 and look south. You should see it as a steadily moving bright blob. If you don't see it by 18:20 give up.

It should be good for viewing the ISS tonight so long as it stays clear.

The ISS will be appearing at 6:13 PM for 3 minutes with a maximum elevation of 63° towards the south.

Elevation is measured as degrees above the horizon with the horizon being 0° and directly overhead 90°

It will first appear with 34° elevation above WSW and disappear with 18° elevation above East.

In simple terms go outside at 18:10 and look south. You should see it as a steadily moving bright blob. If you don't see it by 18:20 give up.

Stop Nagel. We all know it's not there. What you are referring to is actually Mr Spoon's space craft from Button Moon. Noone is foolish enough to believe in the ISIS station.