WANTED: Female Kitten

OnTheManor

There are a number of rescues that you could contact about this, have a look on the websites of Thornberry animal sanctuary, RSPCA, Mayflower sanctuary, Barnsley animal rescue charity, and I'm sure there are many others you'll find via a quick Google search.

There are a number of rescues that you could contact about this, have a look on the websites of Thornberry animal sanctuary, RSPCA, Mayflower sanctuary, Barnsley animal rescue charity, and I'm sure there are many others you'll find via a quick Google search.

Thanks i will look in to that.

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 08:41 ----------

Why female? Neutered males are just as loving. The one I have is the most beautiful, laid back and clean cat anyone could wish for

She wants a female one don`t males spray?

All cats are capable of spraying I'm afraid, male or female neutered or not!

Your cat shouldn't spray indoors though if it's happy and well settled.

The Sheffield Cats Shelter is good but I think they're closed to adoptions now until after Xmas to prevent people getting them as presents (which is rarely a good idea!)

I would definitely get a kitten from a reputable rescue as they will come with a healthcheck, microchipping, neutering and will have had any parasites sorted out etc (you don't want to risk bringing fleas into your house I'm sure!). There will be an adoption fee but the fee works out less than paying for that yourself at the vets.

Thanks i will look in to that.

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 08:41 ----------

She wants a female one don`t males spray?

As said both sexes can and will spray if they are unhappy, Males however don't spray once neutered and their wee then smells no different to a Females.

As said both sexes can and will spray if they are unhappy, Males however don't spray once neutered and their wee then smells no different to a Females.

I have a 7/8 year old tom who was neutered at 5/6 months old and he sprays like a trooper! Up and down the hedge, on the car, around the back door..... and it STINKS in a way I can't even describe, definitely way worse than my female cat's pee which hardly has an odour.

I have to scrub the back door clean if he's done it because it smells so strongly it pervades the entire downstairs of the house just by drifting in through the cat flap.

To be fair to him though he never does it inside (thank god!). I think it depends of the individual cat and the surroundings. We have a high cat population nearby so I guess he's very driven to mark his territory.

All cats are capable of spraying I'm afraid, male or female neutered or not!

Merlin, male, neutered at age one, would spray on any available upright object at the merest whiff of a strange cat. Maya, female, neutered at the standard kitten time, does similar, but prefers the floor (preferably on something new and expensive). Moral: all cats pee where they shouldn't from time to time, whether it's because they're unsettled by the presence of a strange cat, or a new litter tray, or new litter, or possibly just for fun and sport ;) .

The Sheffield Cats Shelter is good but I think they're closed to adoptions now until after Xmas to prevent people getting them as presents (which is rarely a good idea!).

If you want an unsettled, stressed, pee-prone cat, bring him into the house when the house is full of festive excitement and activity. If the cat is to be a Christmas present, a better idea would be to buy all the things the cat will need (collar, bell, litter tray, toys etc etc etc) and give those as Christmas day gifts, with the promise of the cat at some point in January when the house is calm.

I have a 7/8 year old tom who was neutered at 5/6 months old and he sprays like a trooper! Up and down the hedge, on the car, around the back door..... and it STINKS in a way I can't even describe, definitely way worse than my female cat's pee which hardly has an odour.

I have to scrub the back door clean if he's done it because it smells so strongly it pervades the entire downstairs of the house just by drifting in through the cat flap.

To be fair to him though he never does it inside (thank god!). I think it depends of the individual cat and the surroundings. We have a high cat population nearby so I guess he's very driven to mark his territory.

Ooh dear, our Tom's wee has very little difference in odor to our Females :confused: the full Toms that pee all over our walls and garden however really stink!

we've got a house full of cats from all walks of life some from kittens, some adopted at a mid or late age. All neutered. the only one who sprays is our Bengal whop we got as a kitten. He is very jealous of other cats and he does it to be territorial, just as he claims every new toy, every new dish, every new litter tray. The others are fine, they live with and tolerate one another and show no desire to mark territory. You never can tell. we've had females in the past that sprayed, peed or showed their unhappiness in other ways but at the moment, even with the greeny eyed monster, things are OK.

I would avoid if possible introducing a pet over the Christmas period unless your home is going to be quiet and you will be there in it for a lot of the time.