Jeremy Corbyn first 100 days

i saw a poll conducted a few days back that showed he was closing the gap on the Tories....strange that there was little media coverage about it

Not one of the polls I've seen recently. This is typical.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Opinium have a new poll in today’s Observer – topline figures are CON 38%, LAB 30%, LDEM 5%, UKIP 16%, GRN 5%. Tabs are here. The rest of the poll largely concentrated on leadership questions. Cameron’s approval rating stands at minus 6, Corbyn at minus 25, Farage minus 18, Farron minus 22 (though over half of respondents said don’t know on Farron). Net favourable vs unfavourable ratings were similar to job approval – Cameron -5, Corbyn -28, Farage -21, Farron -19.

The monthly ComRes online poll for the Indy on Sunday and Sunday Mirror is out today and has topline figures of CON 40%(-2), LAB 29%(+2), LDEM 7%(nc), UKIP 16%(+1), GRN 3%(nc). The changes since last month are likely just a reversion to the mean – the previous poll was the one giving the Conservatives a fifteen point lead that got lots of people rather overexcited.

Edited by pacifica

Ah right, so his colleagues showed a little compassion and got him to make a U turn, nothing to do with Corbyn constantly hammering Cameron at PMQ's over it..........give over

He hasn't exactly done a u turn deano,it will still come into being later on,regardless of what Corbyn says or does.

I don't really care tbh but my take was that the torys made him back down. You are free to think otherwise.

It was a combination of Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem & non-alligned peers in the House of Lords that caused him to pause.

It had already been approved by the House of Commons due to the Conservative majority

Although you are free to think otherwise

My take on Corbyn is that those with entrenched views either way won't change them irrespective of what he says or does and the floating middle remain to be persuaded.

I don't think he's been as bad as many hoped/predicted but he has a long way to go to motivate the moderates, which he must do if he wants to be PM (and I'm still not convinced he wants to be - or at least he gives the impression of someone who doesn't think he ever will be)

i saw a poll conducted a few days back that showed he was closing the gap on the Tories....strange that there was little media coverage about it

Probably because its untrue.

A rise and fall of a few percentage points is normal and that's why there is no song and dance about it.

Cameron has a 41% approval rating compared to Corbyns 20%. Unless Corbyn can change this, he will lose hands down at the next General Election.

He seems calm and measured but a bit idealistic and naive.

Its a big test for politics, basically how long can a leader who tries to stay true to his convictions last in our political environment, and more importantly in a Labour party packed with Blair-ites.

I still don't think he can stay the course.