Owners of expensive tattoos, what do they do for a living?

I've yet to see a single tattoo that I didn't think was pointless or ridiculous.

And I'd have to agree that they are common amongst (but not restricted to) a certain social stereotype. One that gets paid to be lazy all day.

Good for you. But I don't see many MPs having tattoos?

They can be very pretty but any father worth his salt should have words with a daughter who's looking at getting one and at the very least arrive at some sort of compromise.

A FATHER!?!?!?!?! Bloody hell Eric, I got it when I was 24! Having left home to join Army college at 16. I don't think my father was giving me much advice about how I lived my life then. I don't regret getting a tattoo, I regret getting the one I got as it's just utterly uninspiring and boring.

My brother has an AMAZING dragon tattoo all the way up his arm and onto his shoulder. It's all in black and white and it's a work of art.

I was indeed teasing, one is on my lower back (yes a tramp stamp and I wish I'd not got it TBH, and the other is on my stomach I got on my 18th birthday and day I signed up to the Army and I still love it and will never regret it because of why I have it).

Stomach didn't hurt at all, but my God the one on my back hurt like buggery...felt like I was getting rabbit punched in the kidneys!

I'm debating an upper arm sleeve round the bicep. Sadly it's going to be a rather large one for it to make sense and I suspect will probably be rather stingy. And there's nothing wrong with a tasteful tramp stamp :-p

I'm debating an upper arm sleeve round the bicep. Sadly it's going to be a rather large one for it to make sense and I suspect will probably be rather stingy. And there's nothing wrong with a tasteful tramp stamp :-p

Hmmm...As I say, I'm not keen on it, I like the reason I got it, but not the design. I'm thinking about getting it changed but I suspect that'll be hard. It's just a celtic design in black ink and I think I want something more interesting.

For me, I get tattoos to mark key events in my life that I will never regret. There have only been 2 that met that criteria, but when my first baby is born I think I'd like to have a tattoo to mark that, but it won't be one with any direct reference to the event. The tattoos are for me and I'll know the reason without it needing to state 'Little Wayne - 3rd Sept 2014 - Beautiful Boy' with a badly done portrait or some other drivel like that!

So far we have one admirable ex-squaddie who has given her occupation at the time of getting a tattoo but, 18 comments in, that's the only one.

So come on, fess up, if you've an expensive tattoo what do, or did, you do for a living?