Politics and Other Views

I've noticed on here recently that there seem to be trend of people who support the Tories and UKIP being anti all sorts of things. I end up butting heads with the same people on thread ranging from cars and TVs to Islam and war.

I wonder if this is representative of most of SF or even the UK. Are Tory/UKIP voters more 'negative' and 'anti' things than Labour/Green voters?

Some examples by looking at the posters in certain threads:

Tories/UKIPPERs are anti:

-cyclists

-muslims

-tattoos

-bus drivers

-taxis

Whereas Labour/Green supporters seem to more naïve with regards to all the above and believe almost blindly anything in support of them.

I'm clearly in one of these groups so trying to be fair and mean to both sides equally! Do you think this is a fair summary and if not, why not?

- cyclists over car driver

I know what you mean.

I think UKIP's headline policy of withdrawing from the EU is legitimate, and a noble political aim, though I do have my misgivings.

Unfortunately UKIP seems to have become a magnet for all sorts of malcontents who, along with wanting to withdraw from the EU, also want to turn the clock back to the 1950s - what with their strange pronouncements on the role of women in the UK, gay people causing floods, people from 'bongo bongo' land etc etc.

They seem to be the political equivalent of the weeks Daily Mail headlines rolled into one. The tell tale sign is their retort 'political correctness gone mad' - usually to some sensible policy idea..

Edited by Mister M

I've noticed on here recently that there seem to be trend of people who support the Tories and UKIP being anti all sorts of things. I end up butting heads with the same people on thread ranging from cars and TVs to Islam and war.

I wonder if this is representative of most of SF or even the UK. Are Tory/UKIP voters more 'negative' and 'anti' things than Labour/Green voters?

-cyclists

-muslims

-tattoos

-bus drivers

-taxis

Whereas Labour/Green supporters seem to more naïve with regards to all the above and believe almost blindly anything in support of them.

I'm clearly in one of these groups so trying to be fair and mean to both sides equally! Do you think this is a fair summary and if not, why not?

I think you are butting heads with the same people because you and them like a bit of a ruck ;);););)

I think you are butting heads with the same people because you and them like a bit of a ruck ;);););)

Agreed.

There should be a politics section so those inclined can have their own home.

TBF though Kate at least you analyse, answer the questions and put up reasoned responses. It will be interesting to see your examples on unfair media treatment.

Edited by 999tigger

-cyclists

-muslims

-tattoos

-bus drivers

-taxis

Go on. Seeing as it's you, I'll bite.

Lefties are often Anti:

Business

Wealth

Cars

Tradition

Royal family

Hunting/shooting/fishing

Guns

Landlords

Meat

I could...

....go on :D

-cyclists

-muslims

-tattoos

-bus drivers

-taxis

Just for the record...

I am a tory, not a kipper and I am:

- not averse to cyclist who ride sensibly - I used to be one.

- not against individual Muslims (although I dislike the doctrine of Islam greatly)

- Love tattoos on the right lady, in the right place.

- Dont like inconsiderate or aggressive bus drivers.

- Love Taxis - they get me home when I'm worse for wear.

-cyclists

-muslims

-tattoos

-bus drivers

-taxis

Just because someone has a different opinion, I would not use the word naive.

Obviously, Green supporters are likely to have beards, wear sandals and ride bikes, so how they could be naive about cyclists and bus drivers :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 17:34 ----------

Just for the record...

I am a tory, not a kipper and I am:

- not averse to cyclist who ride sensibly - I used to be one.

That was a very long time ago, does that count :hihi:

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 17:36 ----------

I've noticed on here recently that there seem to be trend of people who support the Tories and UKIP being anti all sorts of things.

I found it interesting how more Left leaning people are anti the bombing of Syria, me too, but I dont consider myself to be left leaning, just poor :(

Edited by El Cid

Just because someone has a different opinion, I would not use the word naive.

Obviously, Green supporters are likely to have beards, wear sandals and ride bikes, so how they could be naive about cyclists and bus drivers :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 17:34 ----------

That was a very long time ago, does that count :hihi:

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 17:36 ----------

I found it interesting how more Left leaning people are anti the bombing of Syria, me too, but I dont consider myself to be left leaning, just poor :(

It wasn't THAT long ago. But good point anyway

-cyclists

-muslims

-tattoos

-bus drivers

-taxis

Not me then, just cyclists and Muslims :hihi: