Is it hypocritical to go to church once a year?

If you do go only once a year or even once a decade then why not Christmas Eve?

Churches are often on the empty side on Sundays, but Christmas Evening they can be more 'busier' than usual and it can be more comfortable and satisfying.

As for the regulars, well with past experience they will know if they need to get there early or not.

Some churches are full on Christmas Eve, Sacred Heart at Hillsborough is an example although it was probably 10 years since I was last there on a Christmas Evening. It is busy with people most Sunday mornings though.

Personally?

I like the smell of incense

An everything looks purdy when one is

(ever so slightly) INEBRIATED :D

I like my Xmas traditions :nod:

I have felt guilty in the past about going to church for the special occasions,

I do like the atmosphere at this time of the year though and one senses that everyone is appreciating the Christmas spirit.

I adore singing the Carols and the midnight service.

Solomon - Cressida does not like the smell of incense:lol:

Midnight mass appears very popular, but what's the point of going once a year to deprive all the regulars of their seats?

I'm fully atheist, and have been since I was a teenager. I used to go along with my Mum and her Dad though on Christmas eve to make her happy.

Making her happy is much more important to me than any pseudo-spiritual nonsense so I don't consider that hypocritical.

I'm fully atheist, and have been since I was a teenager. I used to go along with my Mum and her Dad though on Christmas eve to make her happy.

Making her happy is much more important to me than any pseudo-spiritual nonsense so I don't consider that hypocritical.

I do not go to any weddings,christenings etc because none of those involved are actually believers,they just want a nice church for the photos,very sad reason.