Whisky-adding water or not, single malts and where to store etc.

Bit of a contradiction there.

Do you think its not a very good whisky then..probably there is better whiskey but I think its just a matter of taste or what you prefer... Im from scottish family my Mum's a jock.I was brought up with whiskey drinkers my grandad used to like Johnnie walker and Grants whiskey he always had a bottle in the house..

And its not Whisky or even Whiskey. and definitely not Scotch or Irish it's Amttish Liqueur and far superior. Most whiskies are fine mixed with dry ginger but I would not adulterate a good Single Malt with any thing. What tastes good is dependant on your palate I prefer not to have the smeeked taste that some carry nor the oily taste of the Irish. A good Spayside is a nice afternoon drink to restore energy and Glenmorangie is great at parties. Highland Park is very nice and my favourite is The Balvenie. Any whisky that burns the throat should be poured down the sink to clean it. A good whisky warms should not leave you raw and gasping for breath. Anyone who finds their collection is taking up too much room is welcome to share it with me.

Authority Scottish and Irish Ancestry.