Naked Rambler - What's wrong with walking around nude?

Not a good position to be if unclothed.

---------- Post added 24-12-2015 at 14:03 ----------

Er, why should someone's non-compliance with a law necessitate a change in the law?

Better: that person should change his behaviour so as to comply!

Your missing the point. People are just using him as an example of the laws that have seen him locked up being outdated. Non compliance isnt the trigger so your argument is moot, its about changing social morality towards nudity.

---------- Post added 24-12-2015 at 16:23 ----------

Have i missed something but he's never been imprisoned for being naked, he's been imprisoned for breaching ASBO's. All the public order offences of causing distress by waving your todger at some one aren't criminal offences.

Going nakes isnt the offence, exposing your genitals is. Breaking an asbo is.

Have i missed something but he's never been imprisoned for being naked, he's been imprisoned for breaching ASBO's. All the public order offences of causing distress by waving your todger at some one aren't criminal offences.

Breaching asbos and repeated contempt of court jailings for getting his tackle out in the dock. The rambling thing I have some sympathy for, waving your todger at the judge however is just asking to get sent down. Again and again.

Breaching asbos and repeated contempt of court jailings for getting his tackle out in the dock. The rambling thing I have some sympathy for, waving your todger at the judge however is just asking to get sent down. Again and again.

So some are defending a guy for being nude in public when he hasn't actually been in trouble for doing so?

If he isn't subjected to any imprisonment for a lawful offence what law is outdated?

A person who has hurt no-one, who has not lied, cheated, stole, damaged property, assualted anyone, has had his life trashed and experienced multiple jail sentences.

Meanwhile, people who have lied, cheated, stolen, fiddled expenses, dodged taxes, abused children sexually, have gone unpunished and unjailed.

I'm not so naive that I believe 'common decency' was ever a force in this land, or, that laws ever embodied it.

The difference now is that more and more people are aware of the level of corruption and injustice in our culture, and, increasingly, they're disinclined to condemn people who've done nothing wrong, while the real criminals are getting away scot-free, simply due to the fact that they possess money and/or influence.

According to the article the taxpayer has been hurt to the tune of nearly £1 million as a consequence of his refusal to conform to common decency . In the picture he is wearing socks , walking boots, hat and carrying a rucksack . How on earth can adding a pair of lightweight shorts to his attire diminish his enjoyment while out walking ?

---------- Post added 24-12-2015 at 18:06 ----------

You would have thought someone who has served in the Royal Marines would know how to conduct himself towards someone in a position of authority

Edited by Gamston
typo

Your missing the point. People are just using him as an example of the laws that have seen him locked up being outdated. Non compliance isnt the trigger so your argument is moot, its about changing social morality towards nudity.

---------- Post added 24-12-2015 at 16:23 ----------

Going nakes isnt the offence, exposing your genitals is. Breaking an asbo is.

How do you not expose your genitals if you are naked ?

It's the law that needs looking at, not someone's body.

Aside from any possible legal or decency considerations; I'm not sure why anyone would want to be naked in the UK. Isn't it a bit cold here for that kind of thing? Maybe if you have quite a bit of body fat, you wouldn't notice it so much, but I sure would.

According to the article the taxpayer has been hurt to the tune of nearly £1 million as a consequence of his refusal to conform to common decency .
No, the article claims nothing of the kind. The costs were mainly court cases and prison expenses, neither of which were a consequence of his choice to go naked, but, rather, a consequence of bizarre interpretions of 'public decency' and an over-zealous legal system.

You would have thought someone who has served in the Royal Marines would know how to conduct himself towards someone in a position of authority

He does. But a bully, is not authority.

I guess your typical marine just doesn't bow to bullies, whatever delusions of 'authority' those bullies are operating under.