Naked Rambler - What's wrong with walking around nude?

I think the point that everyone is trying to make is that the law is outdated and should be changed.

---------- Post added 24-12-2015 at 09:31 ----------

If we weren't so uptight about it then the kids would be totally uninterested.

The laws were updated in 2004 by the Labour Government, which included exposure of genitals so that they weren't gender specific.

Obviously from a moral standpoint, how one can argue against a law and yet find the actual incident to be inappropriate.

Not all simians have any laws if we want to follow that line of discussion.

It is inappropriate, but only because we as a species (or more specifically, our culture) have conditioned ourselves to believe so. They probably don't have the same hang-ups in some places in the world (like in some parts of Africa).

This is the saddest part though:

"He is currently ...hoping to meet his two teenage children, whose childhoods he has largely missed because of the time he has spent in prison".

It's very sad that this man has not got his priorities right and been a worthy Father . For the sake of not wearing a a pair of shorts he has spent years in prison and missed out on seeing his children growing up .

It's very sad that this man has not got his priorities right and been a worthy Father . For the sake of not wearing a a pair of shorts he has spent years in prison and missed out on seeing his children growing up .

Maybe he has chosen to do what seems right to him. Just because that doesn't seem riht to you, does not make him wrong.

But for sure, I agree, it does seem he is making big sacrifices to make his point. It's a real shame about him not seeing his kids.

Anyhow, scree this, it's Chritmas, I'm off!

Happy Christmas everyone! :)

Do you think its appropriate for a person to be allowed to display themselves in public in front of children?

Would your partner appreciate the display of a naked mans genitals for instance whilst sat on a bus or tram?

Why are you answering my question with a question?

And what is this "display" that you've invented.

What is it you find inherently wrong with the human body that it must be hidden away all the time?

---------- Post added 25-12-2015 at 11:20 ----------

Obviously from a moral standpoint, how one can argue against a law and yet find the actual incident to be inappropriate.

Not all simians have any laws if we want to follow that line of discussion.

From a moral standpoint how is it wrong to be naked? What makes the naked body in any way inappropriate, apart from possibly the weather and/or working with machinery?

The laws were updated in 2004 by the Labour Government, which included exposure of genitals so that they weren't gender specific.

So what? The law is still outdated and inappropriate.

---------- Post added 25-12-2015 at 11:21 ----------

For the sake of someone not wearing shorts we've taken away years of their life and incarcerated them. How is that proportionate to the "crime"?

What is it you find inherently wrong with the human body that it must be hidden away all the time?

From a moral standpoint how is it wrong to be naked? What makes the naked body in any way inappropriate, apart from possibly the weather and/or working with machinery?

For the sake of someone not wearing shorts we've taken away years of their life and incarcerated them. How is that proportionate to the "crime"?

So you'd quite happily sit down naked on a bus seat where a naked person had been sitting with a transmittable disease.

Actually i find no issue at all, i just find it strange that people defend a total stranger for something which he hasn't been locked up for(being naked) and also find it impossible to actually say how they would feel if they or there OH were confronted by someone exposing themselves in public.

Only recently a guy in Liverpool was arrested under the same 2004 law outside a primary school - should he be allowed to do so in your opinion.(the last time someone asked you that you answered it with a question).

Regarding the law for some reason people were bleating on about Victorian values and the yet the law is a modern one,just informing people.

I am assuming that he hasnt been locked up under the mental health aspect of this, in which case the courts must see his point that being naked is not a big deal, and he is not stark raving mad.

Even if he's sane, and even if it's not a big deal, he has broken the law.

A law is binding whether the accused likes it or not.

You might not like 30mph speed limits in built-up areas; and a sane person deliberately breaking them is not a big deal. But you are bound by them, just as Mr Gough is bound by the law precluding his habitual unclothedness.