Naked Rambler - What's wrong with walking around nude?

He has also being arrested for walking naked in public as well as being arrested shortly after being released from prison for breaching legal orders as consequence of being naked .

The facts are if he kept his shorts on he would stay out of prison .

Being arrested and being charged with an offence are two entirely different things.

The police are quite often ignorant of the law, particularly when it's an area they don't spend a lot of time working with.

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 10:17 ----------

I said changing the law to accomomodate the likes of the naked rambler would be eroding family values and not the actions of this individual .

There is a difference between law breakers and lawmakers who have a duty in my opinion to maintain traditional family values as well as introducing new legislation as a consequence of an ever changing World .

The wife and I brought our children up to to respect others by not doing things like swearing in public , playing music too loud and obeying rules

made by those in positions of authority . I believe there is a time and a place for everything and walking naked in a public place is not a traditional respectable or moral thing to do and lacks thought for others and respect for the law .

You can't explain how hiding your body under clothes is somehow a "traditional family value".

You've tried "think of the children" and you keep repeating "traditional family value", but you can't actually explain how a naked person causes anyone any harm.

What is the moral issue with the naked body?

i think hes a dirty old man that should be locked up

Happy to pay the £300,000 to keep him locked up over the years are you ? :loopy:

He's an odd bloke I can't see anyone suggesting what he does is not a little out of step with how the majority of people live - but continually locking him up - on occasion just as he is released from prison (and you really need to be a thick copper to have to resort to that old tactic - hence why so many do) is not for me how we should respond - how about ignoring him - give that one a try - can't we as a society cope with the odd bloke ??

Being arrested and being charged with an offence are two entirely different things.

The police are quite often ignorant of the law, particularly when it's an area they don't spend a lot of time working with.

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 10:17 ----------

You can't explain how hiding your body under clothes is somehow a "traditional family value".

You've tried "think of the children" and you keep repeating "traditional family value", but you can't actually explain how a naked person causes anyone any harm.

What is the moral issue with the naked body?

I have not said "think of the children " anywhere in this thread . For some reason you seem obsessed about children and adult nudity .

Most right thinking people don't think it's acceptable for a man to expose himself in a public place which is likely to happen if he walks around naked . I have no problem if you lack the intellect to comprehend that having thought or respect for others and obeying laws are traditional family values . In my opinion the naked rambler has no thought for others or respect for the law .

Happy to pay the £300,000 to keep him locked up over the years are you ? :loopy:

He's an odd bloke I can't see anyone suggesting what he does is not a little out of step with how the majority of people live - but continually locking him up - on occasion just as he is released from prison (and you really need to be a thick copper to have to resort to that old tactic - hence why so many do) is not for me how we should respond - how about ignoring him - give that one a try - can't we as a society cope with the odd bloke ??

maybe he could stay at your house, wink wink nudge nudge

Edited by backwardben
added

I wonder if he would consider a Willie warmer, my Mrs would knit him one in ten minutes ---------depending on size of course.

Your Mrs' time would be better spent knitting him a woolly hat because he doesn't seem to have any issues in that department .

maybe he could stay at your house, wink wink nudge nudge

He nor his nakedness give me the slightest concern - coppers turning up to lock him up for breach of his asbo might give the neighbours something to talk about - and they wouldn't give two hoots to him either -

If he wandered onto rustlings road with a chainsaw looking to lop a tree down - now that would be a shocker !!

i think hes a dirty old man that should be locked up

200 posts and you thought you'd just jump in with that well explained and reasoned opinion... :hihi:

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 11:30 ----------

I have not said "think of the children " anywhere in this thread . For some reason you seem obsessed about children and adult nudity .

I'll take your word for it, I can't be bothered to go back looking.

Who was it that was going to "take him down" if his daughters might see him then, not you?

Most

Let me stop you right there.

You me YOU. Not most.

right thinking people don't think it's acceptable for a man to expose himself in a public place which is likely to happen if he walks around naked . I have no problem if you lack the intellect to comprehend that having thought or respect for others and obeying laws are traditional family values . In my opinion the naked rambler has no thought for others or respect for the law .

You attack my intellect because you can't actually explain what harm might be causes or how it's a moral issue.

This says more about you than it does about me.

Again with the "family values", yet you still refuse or more likely can't explain why family values has anything to do with clothing.