Do kids still have pushbikes for Christmas

I do have concern at the amount of exercise kids get these days; it is difficult to buy them something that will get used, that is not tech based.

It was more than I wanted to spend, but I bought my family a Trivial Pursuit board game.

Very interesting this thread as I was nominated driver from last night (and today :rant: ) why me :help: During dropping off the still intoxicated passengers I commented that years ago we would see bright new bikes, roller skates and scooters etc on the go but nothing at all this year :rolleyes:

I did see some plank on East Bank Road about 12:30 on his back wheel turning down Eastern Avenue, no helmet - I would be right to assume no licence or insurance :huh: I was behind him and slowed right down ;) he's not having my no claims jobby :D

Technology is more the in thing these days. Bikes are few and far between. A shame becayse the exercise is very valuable.

It reminds me of the Spectrum game 'Paperboy'. I had that at the same time as my real paper-rounds. It seemed so much easier just pressing the OPZX'Enter' buttons, than doing the real thing. And I could smash windows on the game :hihi:

:razz:

These days games seem so realistic and more playable compared to just 20 [to 30] years ago, that I'd be worried about the amount of use in future generations, unless they can earn money from doing it.