Best way to spend Boxing Day?

So here we are, the season to be jolly is nearly over and Boxing Day hits home with its usual vengeance of slight sickness, frequent toilet-visits and a mountain of leftover food that "really has to be eaten, cause otherwise we chuck it."

What, in your view, is the best way to spend Boxing Day? Is it to visit the in-laws for round 2/3? Going shopping? Sit on the settee and watch sport all day? Go to the football?

Personally I am just recovering really, cricket on the telly for a nice docile pacesetter, lappy on the lap, tending to the flu-struck wife and later going for a lazy walk with the dog.

Probably opening a bottle of wine too soon to be sensible and then starting the whole thing again tomorrow...

So here we are, the season to be jolly is nearly over and Boxing Day hits home with its usual vengeance of slight sickness, frequent toilet-visits and a mountain of leftover food that "really has to be eaten, cause otherwise we chuck it."

What, in your view, is the best way to spend Boxing Day? Is it to visit the in-laws for round 2/3? Going shopping? Sit on the settee and watch sport all day? Go to the football?

Personally I am just recovering really, cricket on the telly for a nice docile pacesetter, lappy on the lap, tending to the flu-struck wife and later going for a lazy walk with the dog.

Probably opening a bottle of wine too soon to be sensible and then starting the whole thing again tomorrow...

Think you have got it about right to be honest.

Me, well I'm doing a 12 hour shift, not because I want to because I have to so i'm probably the least person thats spending Boxing day doing anything interesting

Feel sorry for the folks working! Although I suppose it is part of life, in the Netherlands you used to get paid 200% or get time in lieu x2 for working on certain holidays but I think that went several years ago.

I will salute you in about 5 hours, when that too soon opened bottle of wine gets opened.

I'm always desperate to get out of the house on Boxing Day so I think we're off for a walk in a bit, probably to a park as the countryside is likely to be a bit too soggy underfoot. Apart from that we'll be nibbling leftovers and reading our Christmas books, mine is "Masterpieces from the Department of Islamic Art in the Metropolitan Museum" so that should keep me busy for some time.

Feel sorry for the folks working! Although I suppose it is part of life, in the Netherlands you used to get paid 200% or get time in lieu x2 for working on certain holidays but I think that went several years ago.

I will salute you in about 5 hours, when that too soon opened bottle of wine gets opened.

Todays not a bank holiday, so it's normal Saturday pay, although those working Monday will receive enhancements on their pay with it being a bank holiday.

Can I recommend you don't do the way I did....

1. Break into a freinds house

2. Carry off all her worldy movables

3. Repeat for the neighbours (without having to break in this time)

4. Watch as the Aire inundates everything downstairs...

If you are planning on coming anywhere Leeds or York today, please don't. It's rather damp....